This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dating sim in videogames

#114sakuraHa0Posted 3/21/2013 7:08:23 AM
Like it if it's done right.
Like in Thousand Arms :D
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#12deprofundis442Posted 3/21/2013 7:15:38 AM
Killah Priest posted...
The dating in Persona is hardly dating sim.

I love persona, but it's got a lot of dating sim type stuff. I don't see how people DON'T see it that way.
---
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.com
#13SieKensouPosted 3/21/2013 7:17:28 AM
lol... Lenne..
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#14kitsune2222Posted 3/21/2013 7:21:39 AM
In some cases it might be a cheap move. But in Mass Effect it offers a more depth to the characters. If you start to like one of your crew members, naturally you start to talk excessevely to that person, and an option to begin a romance will be presented eventually. Its great, and full of emotions, you can really feel the love of the characters.
#15anonymous46773Posted 3/21/2013 7:30:30 AM
I hardly see Persona or ME as dating sims.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#16Killah PriestPosted 3/21/2013 7:53:42 AM
I love persona, but it's got a lot of dating sim type stuff. I don't see how people DON'T see it that way.

Fair enough, but I wonder... why quote me and not the other people that said the same thing =p
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#17LAGswitchLARRYPosted 3/21/2013 8:09:13 AM
It is shame what happened to Persona with the last 2 games

It used to be such an awesome series
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#18silly_sausagePosted 3/21/2013 8:12:43 AM
They're okay, so long as girl/girl is allowed. Guy/guy is cool too, but mostly girl/girl.

And of course for all those "politically correct" gamers out there, I guess I'd be okay with a guy/girl option. Just don't force it on me. I mean, I respect their rights and all, but it's just not who I am.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#19nic1357Posted 3/21/2013 8:16:25 AM
LAGswitchLARRY posted...
It is shame what happened to Persona with the last 2 games

It used to be such an awesome series

oh get out, persona 1 sucked horribly and persona 2 was pretty much the same as 3+4 except without the social stuff. and yes i have completed all 4 games
#20monkeypahngPosted 3/21/2013 10:11:43 AM
deprofundis442 posted...
Killah Priest posted...
The dating in Persona is hardly dating sim.

Because it's more than an actual dating sim and more to a social sim. Sure, you can date the girls but it's not like that's the only thing to it nor is it significant. Social links are more about the interaction and development of friendships overall. There is quite little in the actual dating department.

I find it contradictory for TC to say it's a cheap move to substitute 'actual gameplay with cutscenes' seeing how the social sim is gameplay and in Persona's case, provides interesting character development than compared to just having cutscenes.

Again, it's obvious that TC hasn't played the game to even judge. Don't even think he knows what visual novels are based on his post.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang