This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock Infinite IGN Review Going up at Midnight

#1AssaultMonkey9Posted 3/21/2013 7:56:42 AM
Really hope they knocked it out of the park. Even if graphics are showing their age, I hope this new world will wow us like Rapture first did in 2007

This could legitimately be a 9.8/10 kind of game, a true masterpiece if they pull it off
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, AC3
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#2SixSixSevenEighPosted 3/21/2013 7:58:15 AM
They have an exclusive contract with Irrational.

I'm purchasing anyway and know the game will be amazing, but you'd be a fool to use IGN as a credible source for reviews.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#3doraemonllh1989Posted 3/21/2013 7:58:48 AM
lol 9.8

are you high?
---
I like good games
#4anonymous46773Posted 3/21/2013 8:06:07 AM
They're not going to give it as high as a 9.8.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5MlREFOXPosted 3/21/2013 9:15:48 AM
I enjoyed Bioshock, but I also thought it was ridiculously overrated. The shooting mechanics were mediocre and the game survived based on atmosphere and an decent story. I fear that if this game piggybacks on the mechanics and relies on atmosphere to save it, it will feel a bit outdated.
#6Flare1721Posted 3/21/2013 9:18:37 AM
Im just going to judge it myself. IGN is worthless.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#7iceachePosted 3/21/2013 9:23:41 AM(edited)
It's wont even get a 9.

Reviewers have already stated that the graphics are pretty bad

"On that note, however, let me warn you console players up front: unlike its jaw-dropping-in-2007 predecessor (I知 not counting BioShock 2 here, as that wasn稚 our first trip to Rapture), BioShock Infinite does not have the same technical wow-factor going for it. Yes, Columbia is stunning from a scale, scope, and art-direction perspective, but on a raw graphical level it is a bit underwhelming on the Xbox 360 version I知 starting with. Textures are muddy and low-resolution and the framerate takes regular slight-but-noticeable dips. It reminds me of the console version of Dishonored in that way"

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/18/bioshock-infinite-review-in-progress
#8Crimson SkysPosted 3/21/2013 9:54:24 AM
iceache posted...
It's wont even get a 9.

"On that note, however, let me warn you console players up front: unlike its jaw-dropping-in-2007 predecessor (I知 not counting BioShock 2 here, as that wasn稚 our first trip to Rapture), BioShock Infinite does not have the same technical wow-factor going for it. Yes, Columbia is stunning from a scale, scope, and art-direction perspective, but on a raw graphical level it is a bit underwhelming on the Xbox 360 version I知 starting with. Textures are muddy and low-resolution and the framerate takes regular slight-but-noticeable dips. It reminds me of the console version of Dishonored in that way"

All that says is that the graphics aren't as good on the 360, I don't see them saying anywhere that the graphics in the game are bad...
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#9L0rdCrumpPosted 3/21/2013 11:13:35 AM
It might get a 10/10. I saw the graphics on a PS3 youtube video before it was taken though. The graphics are horrific.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#10doraemonllh1989Posted 3/21/2013 7:30:44 PM
iceache posted...
It's wont even get a 9.

i dont see a problem here,a lot of games review are like this too especially for consoles
---
I like good games