This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats up with Gamestop & New Games (Future Games)

#1whatnow12012Posted 3/21/2013 9:10:54 AM
What I mean is Gamestop dosent have Saints Row IV ready for pre-order or on the website yet the game has an actual date yet games so far away are ready for preorder yet SR 4 has a date and is not.

This dosent make any sense to me. Also I think it is wierd when multiple new games From Drakengard 3, Final Fantasy X HD has been announced yet these arent ready for preorder either.

They keep on giving me the same run a around oh they will be updated after E3 or the usual BS.

I wanna preorder & pay off these games yet none of these have a date expect Tales of Xillia which I will preorder & pay off in full like I was going to do with SR 4.

But since SR 4 to Drakengard arent up I cant preorder or pay them off, this is what pisses me off on Gamestop cause they do not update the new games.

Or they simple do not know about them my local store didnt even know on Drakengard 3 nor did they know about Final Fantasy X HD.

I think Gamestop employees show be in the now about all ranges of games not just Call of Duty, Gears of War or Halo type of games many gamers have diffrent types of taste some dont even like COD, GOW or Halo but I do enjoy Halo.

But Since Durrango is an ALWAYS ON console & will do all that wierd crap guess I will not be playing Halo 5.

So I am jumping to Playstation 4 but could be until 2015. Mainly I am fine cause most of these awesome games are DUAL TITLES meaning all consoles.

Just sucks we cant preorder or pay them off yet cause Gamestop sucks & they do not update there games nor no about them.
#2youwiththefacePosted 3/21/2013 9:24:54 AM
Give me the link that says the new Xbox is always online no used games

or are you just believing the rumor for the hell of it
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ you're seeing red ||||||||||||||||||||||||| you're seeing green
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] you're seeing blue ~G~ results may vary
#3theshovellerPosted 3/21/2013 9:34:44 AM
Well, from working in the games department of an electronics chain quite some years ago for a reasonably decent amount of time, here's my take on it:

People who work at something like a game store have a lot of info to digest. I mean a lot. There's the newest exclusives for each platform, the newest multiplatform titles, upcoming titles, hardware rumors and specs, older titles, older titles that might be harder to find, big-name titles, niche titles, titles that are well-received but aren't maybe the biggest sellers, titles that sell a lot but aren't received well, issues with games they hear from customers...

There's a lot of crap for them to take in and sift through in the retail business. When I was in retail, we didn't know about every single new game coming out unless we either kept up with gaming news on our own spare non-work time (which was spent usually playing games after selling them all day) or little info-briefs we got from the company reps, which didn't cover every game ever made. Hell, I didn't know about Rogue Galaxy until about a week or two before it came out, despite it being a game that'd be in my wheelhouse.

So they don't know everything. Cut them a bit of slack. I remember seeing a thread a while back about someone complaining that Gamestop had no info on some game that was announced, on a website, mere hours before he waddled into the store to ask for more info about it. And when I say announced, I don't mean "We had this in the works for a while," it was along the lines of "We're going to start production soon, maybe."
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#4king_maddenPosted 3/21/2013 10:06:49 AM
whatnow12012 posted...
What I mean is Gamestop dosent have Saints Row IV ready for pre-order or on the website yet the game has an actual date yet games so far away are ready for preorder yet SR 4 has a date and is not.

This dosent make any sense to me. Also I think it is wierd when multiple new games From Drakengard 3, Final Fantasy X HD has been announced yet these arent ready for preorder either.

They keep on giving me the same run a around oh they will be updated after E3 or the usual BS.

I wanna preorder & pay off these games yet none of these have a date expect Tales of Xillia which I will preorder & pay off in full like I was going to do with SR 4.

But since SR 4 to Drakengard arent up I cant preorder or pay them off, this is what pisses me off on Gamestop cause they do not update the new games.

Or they simple do not know about them my local store didnt even know on Drakengard 3 nor did they know about Final Fantasy X HD.

I think Gamestop employees show be in the now about all ranges of games not just Call of Duty, Gears of War or Halo type of games many gamers have diffrent types of taste some dont even like COD, GOW or Halo but I do enjoy Halo.

But Since Durrango is an ALWAYS ON console & will do all that wierd crap guess I will not be playing Halo 5.

So I am jumping to Playstation 4 but could be until 2015. Mainly I am fine cause most of these awesome games are DUAL TITLES meaning all consoles.

Just sucks we cant preorder or pay them off yet cause Gamestop sucks & they do not update there games nor no about them.

can you reserve those games at any actual store thats not offline. also gamestop lets you reserve just about any game no matter the genre. also the saints row 4 date isnt solid.
#5whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:11:34 AM
I just wanna pay off & get these games off my back, I pay them off in full completely that way all I need to do is go on release date & pick them up & keep the receipt to that game.

The reason I know about every game for every console is cause I been playing games for over 20+ years since almost 1982 whcih was the Wooden Atari.

I know how to research, compile & find my games which is why I know every game coming out & every game that is out even those that havent been localized for North America from God Eater 2 for the PSP/Vita to Shin Megami Tensei IV for the 3DS.

To North America games incoming from Dragon Age 3, Drakengard 3 and many more.
it isnt easy to keep up with that info even I am overwhelemed by it sometimes. But I am smart so I know how to keep everything neatly organized to keep track of all the data.

Also I do the same from TV Shows, Movies or Anime I love.

But still I wanna preorder these games, Gamestop doesnt have any of them ready except Tales of Xillia which is on July 2ND.

Others are to far away from Dragon Age 3, WWE 2K14 and have limited info on them or about them. Such as Persona 5.

I will just wait until After E3 then everything should be cleared up & more updated also ready for preordering for now I i will just pay off Tales of Xillia.
#6king_maddenPosted 3/21/2013 2:14:43 PM
theres no concrete date though, they usually dont set preorders for games with no concrete date.
#7nihilist212Posted 3/21/2013 2:21:23 PM
I do find that interesting also. I was able to reserve a copy of Beyond: Two Souls BEFORE it had a release date, but I couldn't do that for LoS 2.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero