This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What a Beta...

#1brycemorrPosted 3/21/2013 8:39:27 AM
Within the past few months Ive played Defiance is so far the best!

Defiance is like a nice even blend of Borderlands, Uncharted, War Hammer, and some gameplay all its own.

I love the story so far. I recommend anybody with PS+ to try it out with an open mind.

Im excited for the launch of the game and premier of the show.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#2Bebop242Posted 3/21/2013 8:44:09 AM
Yea I just tried it for about an hour and had a lot of fun. Its not perfect and definitely rough around the edges, but it has potential. Thinking of getting this over dragons dogma dark arisen next month
#3Mattywright77Posted 3/21/2013 8:44:32 AM
Came in here expecting an anti japanese rant. I was mistaken and apologize, carry on....
---
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bayonetta.
#4BahamutBBobPosted 3/21/2013 8:46:58 AM(edited)
It's alright so far, but...

During Arkfall events, the sound keeps cutting out for me. I'm guessing because when you get 5+ people with all of the hellbugs, there's just too many sound channels.

I also had a problem with the mission to place the beacons, after activating the radio station and cell towers. The truck that they make you use just wouldn't move for me, I had to do it on foot, and my ATV worked fine after.

There's also the issue of EGO having two different actresses that seemingly randomly switch off.

And the subtitles not matching the voiceover.

And the voiceover not playing in time. One mission I did, EGO didn't say a thing as waves of mutants came at me. After I finished the mission and was driving back to turn it in, she said all of her lines, with subtitles. This is an extreme example, usually it's just 5-10 seconds late.

And don't get me started on how slow it loads props on the ground and the menu...

If I get the game, it won't be the PS3 version anyway, but if they can fix these bugs, I'm interested in it. I'm not sold, but the gameplay is solid enough.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#5Anodyne11Posted 3/21/2013 8:45:21 AM
I would try this out but not available for EU PS+ it seems :3
Looks interesting though and I may buy the game.

Can I ask if you get FPS issues? A friend of mine was having issues with them and he wasn't sure if it may be his system.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#6lambchipsPosted 3/21/2013 8:47:01 AM
you dont need psn+ to play the beta...
http://www.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=87217
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#7jammiesPosted 3/21/2013 8:47:46 AM
I wholeheartedly expect a parody topic titled "What an Alpha..."
I think I'll be upset if it doesn't happen.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#8BahamutBBobPosted 3/21/2013 8:48:18 AM(edited)
Anodyne11 posted...
Can I ask if you get FPS issues? A friend of mine was having issues with them and he wasn't sure if it may be his system.

I didn't notice any FPS problems in the ~5 hours I put in yesterday. There is a bit of screen tearing, but mostly in cutscenes.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#9brycemorr(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 8:59:06 AM
BahamutBBob posted...
Anodyne11 posted...

I didn't notice any FPS problems in the ~5 hours I put in yesterday. There is a bit of screen tearing, but mostly in cutscenes.

This there is quite a bit of sound cuts outs at certin points and and what not. It is rough around the edges and it is just a beta build.

Once April It will be a big month for the franchise.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84