This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just beat MGS4

#21The_AkxsionPosted 3/21/2013 11:35:30 AM
theshoveller posted...
Ah, Greer. The J. Edgar Hoover of the Correct Opinion Bureau. If you have an incorrect opinion, he'll have you detained!

From now on, thou shalt refer to me as The Akxsion. Now, off to Guatanamo with ye!

MetalOcelot posted...
The_Akxsion posted...

Still trying to figure out why. Did we play the same game? The MGS4 I played I would personally give it around a 4/10 because of its ludicrous story, clunky gameplay and high amount of cutscene to actual gameplay ratio. I have played literally hundreds of games that seem better than MGS4 to me.

It's because this is gamefaqs. on gamefaqs you can always find people who disliked great games...you are that person that makes this place special

You would have a point...IF the people on this site did not herald DmC as great.

You would also have a point...IF MGS4 didn't seem like it had the same writers as General Hospital or other crummy soaps.
---
BACK IN AKXSION beby! Back by popular demand!
Do you even lift? I lift.
#22theshovellerPosted 3/21/2013 11:44:27 AM
The_Akxsion posted...
You would have a point...IF the people on this site did not herald DmC as great.

Uh-oh, does Agrissa know his boy-toy Greer likes the new Devil May Cry? I smell trouble brewing! Let's watch!
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#23riddlebox89Posted 3/21/2013 12:56:33 PM
LionheartCJ posted...
Wow......what a self-righteous attention seeking little douchebag you are, i couldnt care if i get modded for this but just wow

Congratulations, you have met the troll formerly known as Agent_Greer and have described him quite accurately.

He's also over 30 years old, lives in the basement of his mothers house, and buys games, plays them for no longer than ten minutes then decides to hate them and come on here and preach about how much he hates them and insults anyone who doesn't agree with him.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#24zyrax2301Posted 3/21/2013 1:00:26 PM
SomnusNemoris posted...
lol at the idea that this skinny lamb-like creature lifts. Yeah, maybe cotton swabs, but not iron.

Oh my goodness haha
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#25Jon_GodPosted 3/21/2013 1:19:06 PM
Me too.

Great game, one of the best this generation, in my opinion.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#26LAGswitchLARRYPosted 3/21/2013 1:21:24 PM
The_Akxsion posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
I loved it

so do millions and millions welcome to the club

Still trying to figure out why. Did we play the same game? The MGS4 I played I would personally give it around a 4/10 because of its ludicrous story, clunky gameplay and high amount of cutscene to actual gameplay ratio. I have played literally hundreds of games that seem better than MGS4 to me.

WE MISSED YOU GREER!

Welcome back!
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#27The_AkxsionPosted 3/21/2013 1:38:40 PM
riddlebox89 posted...

Congratulations, you have met the troll formerly known as Agent_Greer and have described him quite accurately.

He's also over 30 years old, lives in the basement of his mothers house, and buys games, plays them for no longer than ten minutes then decides to hate them and come on here and preach about how much he hates them and insults anyone who doesn't agree with him.

No, no, you guys are the ones doing the insulting; just look at your post. Instead of responding to the argument at hand, you switch to ad hominem, switching to personal insults since your arguments are so weak.

zyrax2301 posted...
SomnusNemoris posted...
lol at the idea that this skinny lamb-like creature lifts. Yeah, maybe cotton swabs, but not iron.

Oh my goodness haha

The funny thing is that I have been bodybuilding for 5 months now, religiously. Every other day at the gym for nearly two hours, and 30 minutes straight of the elliptical. I have gained 30lbs since I was last on this site and five months as a non-smoker. Astute is just jealous of my physique and good looks.

You should really see what Marcus Astute looks like. Oh and I wouldn't believe a word he says if I were you, he betrays all his online friends and fights with them. Just ask Schattie Killerk and Rob Rated Arrr Vipers.

LAGswitchLARRY posted...
WE MISSED YOU GREER!

Welcome back!

Why, thank you for the very warm welcome, bebyluvs! <3
---
#28riddlebox89Posted 3/21/2013 2:23:52 PM
The_Akxsion posted...
No, no, you guys are the ones doing the insulting; just look at your post. Instead of responding to the argument at hand, you switch to ad hominem, switching to personal insults since your arguments are so weak.

The funny thing is that I have been bodybuilding for 5 months now, religiously. Every other day at the gym for nearly two hours, and 30 minutes straight of the elliptical. I have gained 30lbs since I was last on this site and five months as a non-smoker. Astute is just jealous of my physique and good looks.

Says he's not insulting anyone, continues to say he's better than everyone else and calls people jealous because "Durr I look better dan dem!" Now tell me Greer, how is this not an insult?

You do know that 30ibs of fat isn't the same thing as 30ibs of muscle right?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#29The_AkxsionPosted 3/21/2013 2:32:39 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Says he's not insulting anyone, continues to say he's better than everyone else and calls people jealous because "Durr I look better dan dem!" Now tell me Greer, how is this not an insult?

You do know that 30ibs of fat isn't the same thing as 30ibs of muscle right?

Where did I say I'm better than anyone? Also, why else would he say I don't exercise and insult me if he isn't jelly?

I am 14% bodyfat and 175 lbs instead of 145lbs since i eat now, on a 2500 cal 200 gram protein diet. Full body beginner's strength routine off bodybuilding.com plus several ab exercises, a few added isolation exercises and severe change in diet.

I would link you to my bodybuilding.com and fitocracy.com profiles if I could trust you people not to repost and photoshop pics. Anyhow i have shirtless pics on those sites for some of you to drool over.

Anyhow, please get back on topic and stop derailing.

How about this: I propose you to tell me what is so great about MGS4, since I sure as hell do not see it.
---
#30Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/21/2013 2:46:57 PM
Rafedx posted...
Jonvandamm posted...
Good job. Now go after that Big Boss emblem. You'll thank me for it later. :-D

I still have to do that again, I have been itching to replay the entire series once again and trying to get the best runs on all of them. I got the BB emblem pre patch for MGS4 and I played the hell out of MGS3 and MGS2 on PS2, so I have to do them again with the HD collection. Good times.

Love this series.

Masterpiece of the generation! :)
Love MGSaga! :)
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world