This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Holy ****!!!!!!! Bioshock infinite's budget is 100 million, 200 million with...

#1L0rdCrumpPosted 3/21/2013 11:27:36 AM
upwards to 200 million with marketing costs. Holy ****!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/24/arts/video-games/the-nerd-as-auteur-in-bioshock-infinite.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#2danny_S_06Posted 3/21/2013 11:29:33 AM
No wonder devs are going out of business with costs this huge.
#3mogar002Posted 3/21/2013 11:31:30 AM
Come on flop!
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#4DelsinRowePosted 3/21/2013 11:33:36 AM
Not including DLC, it will have to sell a little over 3 million to make up for that. Take into account people buying after price drop, maybe more than 4 million. That really shouldn't be hard to do with all the platforms it is releasing on (not Wii U lol). Then DLC should really ease up on all that too.
---
You are not in control.
#5megamaticsPosted 3/21/2013 11:34:15 AM
danny_S_06 posted...
No wonder devs are going out of business with costs this huge.

The cost being Huge is all their own fault. The Eggs can only be in 1 basket until it eventually topples over. Good grounded and cost effective games will always be more sustainable.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#6theshovellerPosted 3/21/2013 11:34:25 AM
Yeah, looking at stuff like this, it makes me wonder what goes through developer's heads nowadays. Not in a bad way, but I'm honestly, genuinely curious if the developers of today have the same sort of methodology as they did back with the Atari era, where some of them said "Hey, check out what this little guy can do! I had a ton of animation frames for him, simplified the sprite for him, and now it looks real smooth! Let's make a game based around that." And then - boom. Birth of Pitfall.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#7PhaseSlaethePosted 3/21/2013 11:35:33 AM
Yes let's keep blaming the developers for all of this.

It is NEVER the publisher who PAYS these people to make this vacuous platinum-laced crap.
#8SophisticationPosted 3/21/2013 11:36:22 AM
mogar002 posted...
Come on flop!

Oh it's going to tank hard... it won't sell 700, 000 on ps3. Xbox is where it will sell the best but even still it won't turn out more than 2 million. Pc is a none issue here. Nobody buys pc games... they steal 'em. They might break even, but little money will be made off this potential waste of time PAAGG.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#9LAGswitchLARRYPosted 3/21/2013 11:38:01 AM
100 mill for a paagg a 3rd game that really wasn't necessary

Sad gen is sad
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#10L0rdCrump(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:41:29 AM(edited)
These big budgets are getting close to the highest budget Hollywood films, which are 150-300 million.

I seen a lot of marketing for the game in NYC lately. Bus signs, pay phone posters and on the side of a building. Advertisements like those aren't cheap.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|