This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about a Hard Drive Swap (n00b question)

#11MrcTOtheJ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:44:48 PM
Kolanifv posted...
Look at it this way. With a 750, you'll never need to worry about shuffling and deleting installs to make room. Also, don't get a 7200 RPM, you need to look at 5400 RPMs. there's potential for the faster HDs to cause heat issues depending on your specific model.

Never though of it like that.

So 750 I go. Not only that I plan on keeping my PS3 for awhile since the PS4 isn't looking to have Backwards Compatabilty.

Thanks for the advice.
---
Currently playing: Fallout 3 (the Umpteenth time) Need For Speed:MW 2012 Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3)
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2
#12KolanifvPosted 3/21/2013 2:50:44 PM
No problem at all. I'm assuming that you have an older model fat PS3 (since you have an 80 gb), you might want to get a hold of some needle nose pliers before you start work on your hard drive too. You need to remove the very small screws, and the heads on the older units want to strip for me easy when I try to take them out. I rarely strip a screw on a newer carriage, but I almost always strip one out of four screws on a fat HD and end up having to plier it out. When using pliers to get it out, just get a good grip on the end of the screw (it sticks out a little from the carriage anyway) and just turn the carriage to work the screw out.
#13MrcTOtheJ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:52:38 PM
Yeah it's a Fat one (not the one with thn 8USB ports and PS2 BC, the one just after that...as I found out when I got it lol)

I have some pliers on hand to use for the install, I should have all of the tools and then some laying arround.
---
Currently playing: Fallout 3 (the Umpteenth time) Need For Speed:MW 2012 Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3)
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2