This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't sellers make those stupid stickers easier to pull off?

#1LOLSPURSPosted 3/21/2013 3:24:17 PM
They are made with the greatest adhesive known to man. If I buy a old school game just for the heck of it, I have 30 sticky stickers stuck on top of each other that I have to pull off. Btw any tips for removing the glue post sticker fight
#2riddlebox89Posted 3/21/2013 3:32:59 PM
You mean gamestop? Well if they were easier to pull off, then you could pull the sticker off right in the store and put it on a different game and get it for that price, since they have to honor the price on the sticker even if it's for the wrong game.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3BeknessPosted 3/21/2013 3:36:23 PM
The EB games stickers here in Australia are easy to pull off. It's places like Target and Kmart with the sticky s***. There was a topic about this a while ago, I mentioned this stuff we have called goo remover, someone said there's something similar in the US but I can't remember the name.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade
#4JonvandammPosted 3/21/2013 3:40:20 PM
Bekness posted...
The EB games stickers here in Australia are easy to pull off. It's places like Target and Kmart with the sticky s***. There was a topic about this a while ago, I mentioned this stuff we have called goo remover, someone said there's something similar in the US but I can't remember the name.

Goo Gone should be it. I have a bottle myself just for these pesky occasions.
---
Destroy. Destroy! DESTROY!
#5LOLSPURS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 3:42:05 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
You mean gamestop? Well if they were easier to pull off, then you could pull the sticker off right in the store and put it on a different game and get it for that price, since they have to honor the price on the sticker even if it's for the wrong game.

gamestop, and random places from amazon
#6Liquid_AcidPosted 3/21/2013 3:48:37 PM
Nail Polish remover or anything with Acetone in it...
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#7WantedOutlawPosted 3/21/2013 3:51:38 PM
That's why, on the very rare occasion, when I trade a game in that has a good case I just keep the case and trade the game in. That way if I buy a used game and I get a crappy box with stickers all over it I can just swap out the cases. I rarely buy used anymore but I used to do that a lot.
#8PancakesRock15Posted 3/21/2013 3:56:01 PM
I KNOW
my local used game store has those orange 20 tipped star sticker things and holy crap like 20 of my game cases have white residue in the corner and it pisses me off!
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Red ||||||||||||||| Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Blue.
Can't wait til PS4. PSN:Ultimatepancake