This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any ps3 gamers miss the old days of official playstation magazine?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Any ps3 gamers miss the old days of official playstation magazine?
3 years ago#1
This was before the internet boom, and I was a kid, so my only good resource for new info on games was print. Plus you got a demo disc with every issue. I still have shoe boxes full of issues. I used to read them like every day for a month till the next issue. I also got electronics gaming monthly because it was sometimes a little bigger but 5 dollars cheaper with no disc
3 years ago#2
YES. I loved those mags.
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade
3 years ago#3
Gotta save the forests.
There is a board for RPG, you know:
3 years ago#4
I do. Especially when they came with the demo disc..
Ah, the good old days..
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
3 years ago#5
I just miss the demo discs.

I know one would ask why the need for the demos physically with the news still available digitally.

One reason. DOWNLOAD speeds..

"Life is short, bury! Steady sword!" --Agrias, Final Fantasy Tactics
3 years ago#6
I loved those magazines so much, but mainly because of the demos that would come with them. I'm pretty sure I still have a couple of the demos sitting around some where - they always had great stuff on them, many of which I believe never made it to the U.S. There was one I would play regularly that had something to do with a giant cat like figure, and flying and rockets and stuff - no clue what it was called, but it was awesome.

Any way, probably the best thing I ever found/got out of it was Monster Rancher. It was a demo for the first monster rancher, and it gave you two monsters to play around with, one was kind of a succubus type monster, and another was a blue rabbit thing (I think). After playing the demo I knew I had to have it, and begged my mom to take me to funcoland.

They didn't have the first one, but they did have the second one - spent a great deal of my childhood playing that, and trying out all sorts of discs in search of the infamous Mu.
Kid didn't know what to put in his signature; didn't think it would be this hard. So he just typed some stuff, and kept typing till there wasn't any space left.
3 years ago#7
I had a few of those demo discs that I played more than some of the games I owned on PS2. I had one that this dirt bike game that had one level, and two riders, the level was a dirt track in a stadium, and you could ragdoll of your bike. Me and my buddy spent hours playing that when I was little. I played that disc like a game for years.
PSN ID : xDarKxRecknoninGx
Add me
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Any ps3 gamers miss the old days of official playstation magazine?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived