This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any ps3 gamers miss the old days of official playstation magazine?

#1LOLSPURSPosted 3/21/2013 6:13:29 PM
This was before the internet boom, and I was a kid, so my only good resource for new info on games was print. Plus you got a demo disc with every issue. I still have shoe boxes full of issues. I used to read them like every day for a month till the next issue. I also got electronics gaming monthly because it was sometimes a little bigger but 5 dollars cheaper with no disc
#2BeknessPosted 3/21/2013 6:16:13 PM
YES. I loved those mags.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade
#3echa_OnePosted 3/21/2013 7:51:24 PM
Gotta save the forests.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#4boredofyouPosted 3/21/2013 7:54:23 PM
I do. Especially when they came with the demo disc..
Ah, the good old days..
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#5RoachmeatPosted 3/21/2013 11:28:59 PM
I just miss the demo discs.

I know one would ask why the need for the demos physically with the news still available digitally.

One reason. DOWNLOAD speeds..

---
"Life is short, bury! Steady sword!" --Agrias, Final Fantasy Tactics
#6rakashuPosted 3/21/2013 11:55:21 PM
I loved those magazines so much, but mainly because of the demos that would come with them. I'm pretty sure I still have a couple of the demos sitting around some where - they always had great stuff on them, many of which I believe never made it to the U.S. There was one I would play regularly that had something to do with a giant cat like figure, and flying and rockets and stuff - no clue what it was called, but it was awesome.

Any way, probably the best thing I ever found/got out of it was Monster Rancher. It was a demo for the first monster rancher, and it gave you two monsters to play around with, one was kind of a succubus type monster, and another was a blue rabbit thing (I think). After playing the demo I knew I had to have it, and begged my mom to take me to funcoland.

They didn't have the first one, but they did have the second one - spent a great deal of my childhood playing that, and trying out all sorts of discs in search of the infamous Mu.
---
Kid didn't know what to put in his signature; didn't think it would be this hard. So he just typed some stuff, and kept typing till there wasn't any space left.
#7DarKxReckoninGPosted 3/21/2013 11:57:28 PM
I had a few of those demo discs that I played more than some of the games I owned on PS2. I had one that this dirt bike game that had one level, and two riders, the level was a dirt track in a stadium, and you could ragdoll of your bike. Me and my buddy spent hours playing that when I was little. I played that disc like a game for years.
---
PSN ID : xDarKxRecknoninGx
Add me