This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since Akxsion is back in town, I have a question.

#41Battleship_GrayPosted 3/22/2013 10:31:47 AM
...You're more interested in whining, shirking all personal responsibility for your behavior and trying (and failing) to defend your crappy history here instead of having the much more interesting and constructive conversation about art, Photoshop and assisting you with getting better handle on it.

That really does speak volumes.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#42The_AkxsionPosted 3/22/2013 10:39:17 AM
Battleship_Gray posted...
...You're more interested in whining, shirking all personal responsibility for your behavior and trying (and failing) to defend your crappy history here instead of having the much more interesting and constructive conversation about art, Photoshop and assisting you with getting better handle on it.

That really does speak volumes.

just saying that the mods here aren't nearly as perfect as you think they are. They make mistakes, treat me unfairly, let others get away with insulting me, yet i would be modded for the same thing, etc. I was shirking my responsibility with being right about ME2? I did state it as a RUMOR, and you know that rumors are posted on this site and board all the time, yet i get modded for it. Seriously, the mods and rules of this site need to be replaced.

Also, you have to give me time to reply. I'm typing on my Wii U gamepad.

'What version of Photoshop are you running? If you have multiple hard drives go into the preferences and switch your scratch disk to the HD that doesn't have the OS on it, it should eek a little more better performance out of it and smooth it out a little.'

CS6
will partition or external work?
i have a wacom intuos 5 medium, but should probably just sell it since i have barely touched it.

Anyhow, my computer lags bad with the smudge tool, which is very important. 2007macbook 2.0dual core intel 3gb ram max
---
BACK IN AKXSION beby! Back by popular demand!
Do you even lift? I lift.
#43TheBonfiniPosted 3/22/2013 10:49:30 AM
Aksion, check the Wii U board out, it's loads of fun there!
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#44Battleship_GrayPosted 3/22/2013 10:56:53 AM
will partition or external work?
i have a wacom intuos 5 medium, but should probably just sell it since i have barely touched it.

Anyhow, my computer lags bad with the smudge tool, which is very important. 2007macbook 2.0dual core intel 3gb ram max

Hmm an external may work, I don't think a partition would but I'm not sure. You're a little underpowered for CS6. Deformation tools like smudge and liquefy will deffo slow you down. I'd add more RAM if you can and try to switch over your scratch disk, it really does help. I just loaded CS6 onto a SSD and it runs champs.

Stick to the Wacom, with the style of art that you're doing it'll take you miles farther than a mouse or touchpad will. Keep at it, the more you do the better you'll get, inversely the more time you take between pieces the more your skills will fade. Keep pumping out stuff until you're familiar with the tools and get a process down. Also, if you can, save the smudging until near the end, save, close PS and reopen it, might buy you a little time before slowdown kicks in.

And seriously Greer. Take some responsibility. I don't think I've ever once seen you say "yeah, that was my fault." I've said it before and I'll say it again, when you're not acting like a sad clown and putting on an act you've got plenty interesting to say.

* I asked an expert, a partition won't work for the scratch disk, an external may work depending upon the performance of it. *
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat