This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's the PS3 Super Slim now?

#1robertvg74Posted 3/22/2013 2:09:10 AM
I remember when it first came out. As usual some models were faulty, and I remember I read in some boards that people say it was even louder than Fat and Slim. It's been 6 month, and i think those things are probably fixed now. somebody tell me about it
#2bigtiggie23Posted 3/22/2013 2:19:51 AM
I have had a Superslim since Thanksgiving and it works fine. I don't really notice the sound either.
---
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta.
#3WantedOutlawPosted 3/22/2013 2:28:00 AM
I have a super slim and a regular slim and both work great. The only time the super slim is louder is when something is installing data from the disc.. you'll hear the disc spinning more than you do on the regular slim when it's doing that. During actual game play the super slim is slightly quieter. It's worked great since December when I got it. No complaints.
#4izza20Posted 3/22/2013 2:33:50 AM
It is slightly noisier than the original slim but is still the quietest disc-based game console I own by a fairly large margin. Most people have gotten over their hate. People hated the original slim when it launched too.
#5chao heroesPosted 3/22/2013 5:34:36 AM
I'm hoping that the Super Slim is of quality. I am planning to buy a PS3 soon and that model seems to be all I can find. I played with one of them at the store, it seems fine but the tray door just seems cheap to me. Makes me nervous!
#6Xx Parasite xXPosted 3/22/2013 5:43:52 AM
Super slim is nice. As for the loudness - I only ever hear my system make a noise when the disc drive starts and stops.
---
Nurse Marcie: Do you like my body, Joey?
Joey: =)
#7Haley Joel OsmentPosted 3/22/2013 5:44:29 AM
izza20 posted...
People hated the original slim when it launched too.

No they didn't.

---
I see dead people.
#8blablablax17Posted 3/22/2013 5:49:29 AM
Quote:izza20 posted...

No they didn't.

@Haley Joel Osment

Yes, they did.

Back on topic, I bought a super slim a few weeks ago and it's great. The people who said its louder are just exaggerating or trolling.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#9chao heroesPosted 3/22/2013 6:00:38 AM
blablablax17 posted...
Quote:izza20 posted...

No they didn't.

@Haley Joel Osment

Yes, they did.

Back on topic, I bought a super slim a few weeks ago and it's great. The people who said its louder are just exaggerating or trolling.

But what about that disc tray door? Would you deem it reliable?
#10L0ZPosted 3/22/2013 6:04:06 AM
super slim is easier to clean the laser lens with a cotton swab and alcohol. That is the only pro over the regular slim imo
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]