This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Maybe if we stopped buying DLC, they'd stop making DLC and make a full game

#1HaloODSTDPosted 3/22/2013 6:06:36 AM(edited)
Make a $60 game, Add $20 in DLC maps/stages, $10 in new skins/costumes, $10 new missions = $100 game.

Man, I haven't bought DLC since Halo 3 (map pack), and those were free with Halo ODST......
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Demon's Souls, Binary Domain)
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 3/22/2013 6:05:44 AM
I don't really buy DLC, I only bought like 3 Costumes for Mugen Souls and that's it, The rest are free
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#3theshovellerPosted 3/22/2013 6:07:36 AM
I buy DLC if I like it. I don't if I don't. It works out well enough for me.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#4krucifixhorrorPosted 3/22/2013 6:07:50 AM
it actually makes perfect sense
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25BT2Qsiv90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p491ZknbESA&feature=related
#5VarronPosted 3/22/2013 6:11:07 AM
theshoveller posted...
I buy DLC if I like it. I don't if I don't. It works out well enough for me.

---
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh
#6Madridiq8ePosted 3/22/2013 6:12:03 AM
I refuse to buy any DLC no matter what..

they're a ripoff
#7RafedxPosted 3/22/2013 6:13:04 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
Make a $60 game, Add $20 in DLC maps/stages, $10 in new skins/costumes, $10 new missions = $100 game.

Man, I haven't bought DLC since Halo 3 (map pack), and those were free with Halo ODST......

DLC is fine when it is done right. The Skins, Weapons, items, etc DLC is perfectly fine as it is not necessary to have a full game, I very rarely buy DLC of this type unless I find the items badass.

DLC Maps and stages for MP are perfectly fine, even if I don't agree with the prices. It is a way to keep the MP alive by offering more variety and they are optional, you don't need them to enjoy the MP.

DLC SP content is also welcome so long as it isn't blatantly withheld from the main game, or adds something to the main game that changes the story. I am talking about DLC like Leviathan and From Ashes for ME3, whereas something like the citadel DLC was perfect. You don't need it but it sure is awesome when you do have it.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#8deprofundis442Posted 3/22/2013 6:14:07 AM
If you stopped buying DLC, I have doubts it would lead to more games. I have a feeling it would lead to something else to increase profits for the same game.

Isn't that why DLC became a thing anyways? Rising dev costs?
---
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.com
#9theshovellerPosted 3/22/2013 6:17:50 AM(edited)
Yeah, after playing through it, I really think Leviathan should have been tossed in with the Extended Cut stuff, since I think it was one of the two aspects some people wanted out of the ending - namely, where did the Reapers come from to begin with. Plus, with referencing it at the end...

Edit:

deprofundis442 posted...
Isn't that why DLC became a thing anyways? Rising dev costs?

I think it's more a reason they use to justify it, as opposed to the reason it exists. I mean, if DLC wasn't a possibility, I doubt it'd do much of anything to curb Bioshock Infinite's budget amount, for example. They spent a ridiculous amount on that game, I think.

---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#10HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 6:16:13 AM
theshoveller posted...
Yeah, after playing through it, I really think Leviathan should have been tossed in with the Extended Cut stuff, since I think it was one of the two aspects some people wanted out of the ending - namely, where did the Reapers come from to begin with. Plus, with referencing it at the end...

the hell are you talking about?
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Demon's Souls, Binary Domain)