This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Maybe if we stopped buying DLC, they'd stop making DLC and make a full game

#31reincarnator07Posted 3/22/2013 10:53:22 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
If we stopped, they'd continue making them. We have no voice, we have no rights, they decide.

With an attitude like that, you are correct. Everyone forgets that it is us who pays these companies for doing what they do.

There is nothing wrong with DLC in concept. Some DLC, like Shivering Isles or Episodes from Liberty City were pretty damn good. On the other hand, you have stuff like the crap Capcom likes to pull, or the Assassins Creed stuff, which was pulled from the full game. We need more of the former and less of the second.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#32vashtrichamPosted 3/22/2013 10:55:26 AM
Quote:AnonUnknown posted...
If we stopped, they'd continue making them. We have no voice, we have no rights, they decide.

With an attitude like that, you are correct. Everyone forgets that it is us who pays these companies for doing what they do.

There is nothing wrong with DLC in concept. Some DLC, like Shivering Isles or Episodes from Liberty City were pretty damn good. On the other hand, you have stuff like the crap Capcom likes to pull, or the Assassins Creed stuff, which was pulled from the full game. We need more of the former and less of the second.

@reincarnator07
Love the assumptions this applies to people like you http://i.imgur.com/bbsnA8v.png
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#33MudbuttSanchezPosted 3/22/2013 10:58:59 AM
Yeah good luck telling that to the millions of people that buy dlc.
#34Godly_GoofPosted 3/22/2013 11:10:59 AM
I'm sorry to inform you of this but to yours and I'm sure others surprise

(wait for it here comes the bombshell)

NOT ALL DLC IS MADE BEFORE THE GAME LAUNCHES IDIOTS!

Now I'll just wait for that to sink in a little.

Okay now back on topic, as I just said not every game has on disc DLC and most DLC isn't even put into production until the game is already done FFS. Why the hell do people think the whole thing is done immediately and they just hold it back? Seriously.

Look at stuff like Beth games, they don't even put them into production until loooong after the game is released and when it's finally done i doubt it would even fit on the vanilla disc with it. Not to mention if try did release it with it it would drag out production time for another few years if it ever even got released no less. Same with Gearbox with the BL2 all of it was new or was free with pre-orders aside from the stuff that went into production after the game was already released.

Seriously not every F-ing game maker is EA and Capcom...
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#35king_maddenPosted 3/22/2013 11:14:26 AM
whats hilarious is that if they make a bare game with no dlc then people will call it complete. but a game with a lot of content and dlc is considered incomplete.

"extra" isnt a word to this new age of gaming I see.

adding a massage pad to my car doesnt mean my car was incomplete before.
#36ShockG707Posted 3/22/2013 11:14:55 AM
DLC is for suckers.
#37theshovellerPosted 3/22/2013 11:57:26 AM
king_madden posted...
whats hilarious is that if they make a bare game with no dlc then people will call it complete. but a game with a lot of content and dlc is considered incomplete.

"extra" isnt a word to this new age of gaming I see.

adding a massage pad to my car doesnt mean my car was incomplete before.

It's another reason why I can see parts of the "gamers are entitled" claims ringing true. They sell you a bike. The bike has two wheels, a seat, handlebars, a frame, and is sturdy. It's a bike, in every sense of the word. It is as complete as a bike can get. They sell you streamers, and bells and whistles and paint and crap to stick on your bike. It's still a bike - the purpose of the bike is the same, and its construction is the same. The difference is that now people demand the streamers and paint and glitter and bells and whistles with the bike, or else the bike isn't a bike somehow - it's an un-bike. It still has two wheels, it's still got a seat, handlebars, a frame, but somehow it's not a bike now, when it was a few years ago.

Now, I can see an argument made regarding the size of the bike (the game), but that's a failing of the bike, not the extra stuff strapped to the bike.

Someone will inevitably read all this and still miss the point, or try to make an argument that somehow my analogy doesn't work. That's fine - I can't convince everyone.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#38RBGamer_Posted 3/22/2013 12:06:17 PM
Maybe if you cry a little louder mommy will come give you a hug.