This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

mass effect question(spoilers for 1 and 2)

#1neurotoxinsPosted 3/22/2013 6:19:16 AM
I know in mass effect 2 you have to explore planets to collect ressources so that you can upgrade your ship(very important for the last mission).

How about in the first game? It's way more boring than in the second one, so do I have to do it? Is it really important down the line?
---
PSN:JonDiskonected
#2theshovellerPosted 3/22/2013 6:21:43 AM
Some of the stuff is important - Matriarch writings and such. My opinion? Throw open a map overview on a computer screen and just go to wherever stuff's marked off on the map. Saves you time and frustration at trying to get the damn Mako up a hill.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#3cirkmetroidPosted 3/22/2013 6:22:02 AM
sig
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
Hey look, there are game specific forums, your game specific questions should be placed there...
#4CorathTheHungPosted 3/22/2013 6:28:49 AM
cirkmetroid posted...
sig

Im sure ME1 board is dead and rotting. "sig" lol
#5kel25Posted 3/22/2013 6:37:19 AM
I'm 99% sure it doesn't matter in ME1. You will miss out on a few collect X item quests but I don't remember them having any carry over to the next game.

The only thing I remember you really needing to be aware off is getting your charm or intimidation up high enough to avoid killing a certain character. If you played ME2 you will probably know which character I am talking about because they are mentioned in the Cerberus recap that allows you to choose what happened in ME1.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#6theshovellerPosted 3/22/2013 6:43:30 AM
Oh, and buy... I think it's the Elkoss-Combine license? One of those licenses that starts with an "E." Comes in handy in ME3.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#7Seraph089Posted 3/22/2013 6:55:02 AM
I just finished a replay of ME1 since I finally got the trilogy. I had a hard time going back after playing 2 and some of 3, but I pushed through to do all of the collections and assignments. If you're going to take the time to play 1 to transfer the save, you should try to finish everything possible

The resource collecting isn't too important, but it does get you some extra resources at the start of 2. The other collectibles are important in 3 I think, and they really aren't that bad to get, there are more than you need so you don't need to worry about missing a few. A lot of the assignments are important too, some only get an email in 2 but others have effects on 2 or 3.
#8neurotoxins(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 6:55:20 AM
thanks guys
---
PSN:JonDiskonected
#9drclaeysPosted 3/22/2013 7:01:22 AM
Friends,

( spoilers )

This is one part that I use an FAQ for. it shows system, and planet. that way you dont have to go to planets that dont have good stuff.

I know it really SEEMS boring. but there is only a certain amount of them. also, when, i go to a plant with the mako, and I see there are corners with NOTHING. I put a map marker there and go there. About 30% of the time, I find something.

I found ME 1 kinda short. so If you find stuff to shoot at, thats adds to the fun.

Make sure to talk to your crew for side quests. They each have one, if you have talked them them enought and at the right time. With a total of 3.

I would have LOVED alot more sand worms, and stuff to shoot at. or just SOMETHING. but its not like a zillion hours. maybe 4 or 5.

Good luck.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
Signed up for a 13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Wish me luck!