This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

dead island!!

#1mcmo21Posted 3/22/2013 8:12:11 AM
i havent played the game yet heard good things and bad things how would you rank this game against left 4 dead or nazi zombies cause if its better than left 4 dead than its gola be worth it right??
#2Cranman1982Posted 3/22/2013 8:14:10 AM
I really liked dead island. An underrated game imo
#3enigma2274Posted 3/22/2013 8:14:56 AM
My favorite zombie game this gen.
---
PS3: Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 6
Vita: Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4, MGS
#4MalifacentXPosted 3/22/2013 8:16:25 AM
It's pretty fun, but take note that most of your attacks will be melee-based, as an island is not just going to have an arsenal around. Also, there is a lot of screen tearing, but none that I found to be too distracting.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
Back in my day you couldn't cheat during multiplayer because you'd get punched in the face
~Pothocket
#5NashtheLionPosted 3/22/2013 8:17:23 AM
It's a solid game.

Get some friends and it could be a possible 8/10 depending on connection issues.
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks
#6Battleship_GrayPosted 3/22/2013 8:27:35 AM
Dead Island is weird in that the fantastic trailer did the game more harm than good I think when it finally released. It's fun with friends though.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#7MalifacentXPosted 3/22/2013 8:30:48 AM
It NEEDED couch co-op. Not including it was a sin.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
Back in my day you couldn't cheat during multiplayer because you'd get punched in the face
~Pothocket
#8cavebear56Posted 3/22/2013 8:40:24 AM
NashtheLion posted...
It's a solid game.

Get some friends and it could be a possible 8/10 depending on connection issues.

This.

It plays like a Dungeon crawler. Each character is like a "class". Skill trees. Item descriptions/names use different colours to gauge quality. Missions are picked up through exploration and require things from item collecting, saving person "x" or some other slight variation.

I've put over 90+ hours into the game, played through multiple times with different characters, while playing with friends/family.

Granted my experience is based on the PC so I can't comment on how it runs on the system, but I can comment about the quality of the game.

The overall story isn't anything new but certain parts of the game are done well enough.

It gets a lot of blind hate on this board generally because it's first person (but it focuses more on melee rather than firearms most of the time) and it has zombies.

It really isn't like either of those games (L4D is a team game with a focus on making it from point A to point B and Nazi zombies is just a horde mode) but if you like zombies, have friends to play with online (not required but it makes the experience better) and enjoy RPG aspects in a game (leveling up, skill points, loot) I recommend it.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#9ElBorak77Posted 3/22/2013 8:52:48 AM
i had a terrible time with it. couldn't stay connected. only game i've ever had trouble with.
---
PSN El_Borak_77