This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any other game collections that are installs instead of being on the disk?

#1LeadPipeCinchePosted 3/22/2013 11:49:48 AM
just bought the AC :ET and didnt know about having to install the games on the system.
if i would have known that i would have skipped buying AC:ET because i already have the plat to AC2 and would have just bought AC:R & AC:B by themselves new for $15 each.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#2BurgerTime79Posted 3/22/2013 12:37:30 PM
The God of War Saga Collection has the PSP games as downloads, and the Resident Evil 6 with all previous titles has them digital as well.

I don't support this ****. If I'm buying a disc version, then I want it on the disc.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#3Bent 00Posted 3/22/2013 2:46:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Bent 00Posted 3/22/2013 2:46:54 PM
Bent 00 posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
I don't support this ****. If I'm buying a disc version, then I want it on the disc.

I agree. I think the box art should reflect what's in the case; if you must advertise some special digital content on the box art, at least make it reversible so that a future owner can flip the insert to the side that doesn't mention the digital content that owner has no access to.

Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 did this for early buyers. On the other hand, if I buy a game with digital content that has expired or has been used by a previous owner, any mention of that content on the case is just a reminder of something I cannot have, or must pay extra for. For example, if I buy a used Limited Edition copy of Dead Space 3, but the voucher inside has been used, I'm not really getting the Limited Edition. Dead Space 2 did it right - its Limited Edition content was a copy of Dead Space: Extraction on-disc. That's a Limited Edition with box art that will always reflect what's inside.
#5CrimsonGear80Posted 3/22/2013 3:50:42 PM
LeadPipeCinche posted...
just bought the AC :ET and didnt know about having to install the games on the system.
if i would have known that i would have skipped buying AC:ET because i already have the plat to AC2 and would have just bought AC:R & AC:B by themselves new for $15 each.

Uhhh....all of those games ARE on the disc. They don't disappear from the disc once you install them....

Anyway, Bioshock: Ultimate Rapture Edition is like that as well. Bioshock 1 plays like the vanilla version (it still installs 5gigs just like the vanilla version) while Bioshock 2 and the DLC all have to be fully installed before playing.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#6don_juan_darkoPosted 3/22/2013 3:53:55 PM
Assassin's Creed 1 Bonus on the Revelations Disc

Killzone 1 from the Killzone Trilogy
#7LeadPipeCinche(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 6:14:21 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
LeadPipeCinche posted...

Uhhh....all of those games ARE on the disc. They don't disappear from the disc once you install them....

Anyway, Bioshock: Ultimate Rapture Edition is like that as well. Bioshock 1 plays like the vanilla version (it still installs 5gigs just like the vanilla version) while Bioshock 2 and the DLC all have to be fully installed before playing.

you have to install AC2 and ACB both have to be installed inorder to play them.
for some reason ACR doesnt need to be.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#8CrimsonGear80Posted 3/23/2013 6:21:59 PM

But like I said, the games are still on the disk.

ACR probably acts just like it's vanilla version, which means it will still install about 2gigs. The vanilla version came with a free copy of AC1 that needed to be installed fully in order to play, so AC2 and ACB play in the same way.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
#9TheNewWavePosted 3/23/2013 7:44:32 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

But like I said, the games are still on the disk.

ACR probably acts just like it's vanilla version, which means it will still install about 2gigs. The vanilla version came with a free copy of AC1 that needed to be installed fully in order to play, so AC2 and ACB play in the same way.

It has nothing to do with whether it is still on the disc or not, its the fact that the game itself can't be played prior to installing it, which is over 20 gigs for both games.

If I am buying a retail game, I expect the full game to actually be on disc opposed to simply putting an install file on the disc.
#10CrimsonGear80Posted 3/23/2013 8:05:41 PM(edited)
It has nothing to do with whether it is still on the disc or not, its the fact that the game itself can't be played prior to installing it, which is over 20 gigs for both games.

Then don't install both games at once if you don't have the room. Install one, play it, then when you are done delete it and install the other. besides, you really think that the game wouldn't install anything at all if you didn't have to install the games?? The vanilla versions of the games all had a mandatory install, that suddenly wouldn't changed if you shoved all three onto a disc. that's the reason it is set up like that, so the publisher can stick them all on the same disc without re-coding and re-programming everything.

If I am buying a retail game, I expect the full game to actually be on disc opposed to simply putting an install file on the disc.

then do you not buy games that install anything to the HDD? Cause if you don't, then you must not own a lot of games.

What you are saying makes zero sense.
---