This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Saves

#1hmmdonuts99Posted 3/22/2013 11:15:34 AM
I'm away from home right now so I don't have my ps3 right now. My roommate has her ps3 here and I'm interested in buying and playing some games. Couldbanyone tell me if the new Tomb Raider and Infamous 2 are copy protected. If not, could someone tell me how I can copy he save files associated with them to a usb?
#2hmmdonuts99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 2:14:52 PM
Bump
#3SigmaHacielPosted 3/22/2013 2:16:14 PM
Infamous 2 isn't.

Tomb Raider might.

And fix your statement. You aren't intending to "play" anything with this current context.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#4hmmdonuts99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 3:09:10 PM
Oh I just meant that if I played the take here I could take the save back home on he usb and continue where I left off instead of having tonstart over again.

So infamous is not copy protected?
#5hmmdonuts99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 10:42:34 PM
Bump
#6JunkBlossomPosted 3/23/2013 7:07:44 AM
Isn't it as simple as plugging in a USB stick, locating the save file, press triangle, select copy and you're done?

If the save copies, I'm guessing it's not copy protected.
#7AnonUnknownPosted 3/23/2013 7:15:41 AM(edited)
JunkBlossom posted...
Isn't it as simple as plugging in a USB stick, locating the save file, press triangle, select copy and you're done?

If the save copies, I'm guessing it's not copy protected.

Copy protected =/= Cannot be shared.

Copy protected saves = the option to copy them out of the PS3 is greyed out, they're stuck to your console. Except for Plus subscribers (Cloud) and when you do a PS3 -> PS3 data transfer.

Cannot be shared = You can copy them on another PS3 or Cloud, but when you try to use them with another PSN account, they won't work.