This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do.. FF

#1greatmario3Posted 3/22/2013 1:24:08 PM
I just started playing FF1 this week. I plan now to go through every main game in the series (NO spin-offs) all the way up to FF XIII-2 (unless one of the forthcoming games disgusts me too much)

I picked up FF Origins on PSN earlier this week. I have half of the crystals so far. I am going for the 3rd crystal as I am typing this.

Do you guys think I will have time to go through the main series in time for FF XII: Lightning Returns?

I was working full-time, but now I am on medical leave. I don't anticipate I will be back working for at least a few more weeks. Though, when I am working, I only have 3 hours max a day to dedicate to gaming. Weekends I can see up to 20 hours of gaming.
---
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
#2RBGamer_Posted 3/22/2013 1:25:18 PM
I don't think you have enough time lol. But, you should have enough time to get through 9, which is the last great one imo.
#3kloud 11Posted 3/22/2013 1:26:24 PM
RBGamer_ posted...
I don't think you have enough time lol. But, you should have enough time to get through 9, which is the last great one imo.

9 is one of the worst

12 is the last great one, in fact it's one of the best ones.
#4greatmario3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 1:28:04 PM
kloud 11 posted...
RBGamer_ posted...

9 is one of the worst

Lol, arguments already??

If the rest of the games are anything like the first, I will love every minute. I am a copule decades late to be starting FF.
---
#5PinkPikachuPosted 3/22/2013 1:28:22 PM
Stop after 6 maybe 7, anything after 7 is bad.
---
PSN:Tron_Carter
#6ShekbPosted 3/22/2013 1:30:35 PM
kloud 11 posted...
RBGamer_ posted...

9 is one of the worst

12 is probably one of the most boring of all FFs
Unless you like big, empty areas filled with monsters and feel like grinding your way through a boring story with an uninteresting soundtrack and characters.
Besides Balthier

IX is great, especially if you enjoy the old Final Fantasy games.

It's lighthearted and it shows the team had fun making it, especially with the interesting cast and the fun atmosphere
#7greatmario3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 1:31:57 PM
PinkPikachu posted...

Why is that? I keep seeing on the boards around gfaqs that FFVII is the best.. that doesn't sound so good for a series that has reached 2 sequels for the XIII.
---
#8PinkPikachuPosted 3/22/2013 1:36:29 PM
VII is good, don't get me wrong. But it's so overhyped.
---
PSN:Tron_Carter
#9RBGamer_Posted 3/22/2013 1:37:14 PM
greatmario3 posted...
PinkPikachu posted...

Why is that? I keep seeing on the boards around gfaqs that FFVII is the best.. that doesn't sound so good for a series that has reached 2 sequels for the XIII.

VIII is really, uhhh, for lack of a better word atm, different lol. It has a very unique style, l liked it but not that much. Lots of people dislike IX (my personal favorite) because of it's art style which l love. It also has some of the best characters and soundtrack of any game period. X is where The game started to get a bit linear. And, people tend to have a love/hate relationship with blitzball. I won't even start on the rest, l didn't mean to antagonize anyone with my first post lol.
#10emo_angel11Posted 3/22/2013 3:20:18 PM
IX was good better than crap FFXII
---
i dont need to "GET A LIFE" I'm a gamer I have lot of lives