This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do.. FF

#11SigmaHacielPosted 3/22/2013 2:21:07 PM
9 was the last great FF. 12 was good, but christ did it need a better combat system.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#12kloud 11Posted 3/22/2013 4:09:13 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
9 was the last great FF. 12 was good, but christ did it need a better combat system.

lol

12 has the best combat in the franchise. the battle system in FF9 is what ruined that game
#13NashtheLionPosted 3/22/2013 4:20:11 PM
I don't care what people say, but if you skip FF Tactics, you just did life wrong.
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks
#14RBGamer_Posted 3/22/2013 4:24:40 PM
kloud 11 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...

lol

12 has the best combat in the franchise. the battle system in FF9 is what ruined that game

I'm assuming you say this because of the trance system. I thought it was fun actually.
#15ironbruPosted 3/22/2013 4:38:11 PM
PinkPikachu posted...
Stop after 6 maybe 7, anything after 7 is bad.

Why is that? I keep seeing on the boards around gfaqs that FFVII is the best.. that doesn't sound so good for a series that has reached 2 sequels for the XIII.

To be honest your not going to get any Final Fantasy fans agreeing on what is the best one in the series.

I myself think FF9 is the best in the series with FF10 second, FF7 third with FF12 forth. I pretty much hate FF2 as it has the worst "level up" system know in the entire existence of everything. I like all the rest of them though FF8 might as well not have a magic and level up system in it considering how useless they are in it.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport, Wipeout Series and main Pokemon Series.
#16AalviPosted 3/22/2013 5:17:57 PM
I highly suggest you include tactics in that list

it's probably the best non-numbered game and is better than many numbered ones anyways(imo).
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#17jrr18Posted 3/22/2013 5:26:47 PM
10 is the best.
---
Victory over fans of all JRPGs through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#18Power TurtlePosted 3/22/2013 5:39:12 PM
What FF is the best is usually a hot topic.. I like them all, except 2, which i am going to give another chance really soon. You definitely wont have enough time, unless maybe MAYBE you use guides and just blaze through the main stories...

I hope you also intend to play FFIV TAY, FFVII CC, and FFX-2 as well. X-2 gets a major negative response when mentioned around here.. and rightfully so in most cases.. but crap music and dumbass story (which gets pretty good in Ch3), FFX-2 HAS ONE OF THE BEST TURN BASED BATTLE SYSTEMS EVER. FFIV TAY can be skipped, but its really fun and has really hard optional bosses. If you like FF7 AT ALL... FF7CC is a must.. IMO the best sequel/prequel PERIOD to a FF game.

Notice i left out Dirge of Cerberus.
---
Freedom from the tyranny of Faith
May The Father of Understanding guide you to success.
#19GazelMinistryPosted 3/22/2013 5:47:04 PM
kloud 11 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...

lol

The art style ruined FFIX.
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#20epierce89Posted 3/22/2013 7:00:04 PM
emo_angel11 posted...
IX was good better than crap FFXII

How can you compare IX a MMO to an single player game. One game that constantly gets new features, add-ons, bug fixes, and many other things. While one gets nothing. Sorry no.