This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's The Consensus For Sleeping Dogs?

#1Metsfan5162Posted 3/22/2013 4:14:51 PM
I made a topic earlier about choosing a new game to play with a powerful story got some great responses

I noted in there that Mafia 2 is one of my favorite games because of the story

So when I was looking around I remembered Sleeping Dogs, seems like something a little different with the fist to fist combat

Never payed much attention to it though, what do you guys think of it on here? I like hearing from people on this board (despite the flooding of trolls) as opposed to an IGN review
---
PSN:dVl_05
#2jammiesPosted 3/22/2013 4:17:00 PM
Sexcellent
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#3ManuKesnaPosted 3/22/2013 4:19:08 PM
I got it for free with ps+ and is decent, glad I didnt buy it
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#4dudupupuPosted 3/22/2013 4:20:06 PM
ManuKesna posted...

what region are you in???
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#5Brocken_JrPosted 3/22/2013 4:23:29 PM
got it free from ps+, trial expired, but i beat the game in 16 hours, not doin every single side mission, camera hacking, and life upgrade. the games story is alot better than i thought it would be, the story is the games strong point. the missions are fun, better than gta and saints row. id say, at the most, its worth $40.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTK09bY_AYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4phZ0_iDwM
#6ManuKesnaPosted 3/22/2013 4:23:59 PM
ManuKesna posted...

what region are you in???

i got it from EU ps+
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#7akuma634Posted 3/22/2013 4:24:01 PM
I wrote a very detailed review of it months ago.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/981401-sleeping-dogs/reviews/review-153064

The pros would be that the Arkham style combat is awesome and a bit more skill based, the driving is awesome, the free running is more fun than games like Assassin's Creed plus there is more emphasis on timing to pull stuff off, the story is perfect and doesn't have much to any filler, there's a good variety of radio stations, all the DLC is worth checking out (depends on what sounds cool to you,) there's a lot of side missions with plenty of variety, you can replay missions with DLC costumes (which can give different perks and new fighting styles,) and it's very replayable.

Cons - The shooting isn't great, it doesn't suck but it's not as polished as the fighting and driving. You don't get to carry a gun around all the time and big guns are only temporary. As cool as the DLC is, there is a crap ton of it so it adds up. Like a lot of games there is an issue of trying to make your character vulnerable and then forgetting it all together, there's a story mission where you're barely able to get up and you're crawling around trying to get out alive and then moments later you instantly are as mobile as usual and gunning down hoards of bad guys unfazed.
#8keybladeXIIIPosted 3/22/2013 4:26:01 PM
One of the best sandbox games this gen. The graphics are nice, the combat is excellent, and the characters are funny and cool, and there's a bunch of collectibles and achievements. Also plenty of customization.
The story is not really a strong point, but if you're a big fan of action movies and sandbox games, it's the perfect game.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#9King_BurnoutPosted 3/22/2013 4:27:17 PM
i thought it was excellent.
The hong kong cinema style story was well done, combat was a breeze, (after playing the arkham series, as they are similar) the gunplay reminds me of the true crime series (in a good way).and the first big DLC was like a cross between Shaolin vs Evil Dead and Big Trouble in Little China.
#10Castiel39Posted 3/22/2013 4:27:30 PM
I haven't played game, but i can't see a clear consensus, as some people say it's great and there's some others that hate it.