This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4.40 update

#11Project-CanaanPosted 3/22/2013 5:54:31 PM
work_a_holic posted...
@Project-Canaan

Yup. And if you ever change the HDD in any slim PS3, you need to have the update on a USB stick so you can install the update on the new HDD.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Maybe you can answer a question I have. How would having an external hard drive work? Do I back up everything on my regular drive to the external hard drive and then after taking out the external hard drive, wipe out the PS3? Or does stuff automatically get saved to the external hard drive when I have it plugged in?
#12work_a_holicPosted 3/22/2013 5:57:12 PM
Things do not automatically save to the external HDD.
#13Project-CanaanPosted 3/22/2013 5:59:50 PM
So is it pointless to get an external hard drive if I'm getting it as a storage device? I want to be able to keep all the stuff I already have, plus get 500 GB of more stuff. In that case, do I just need to get a hard drive that's 500 GB bigger? Sorry for all the questions.
#14work_a_holicPosted 3/22/2013 6:06:14 PM
Project-Canaan posted...
So is it pointless to get an external hard drive if I'm getting it as a storage device? I want to be able to keep all the stuff I already have, plus get 500 GB of more stuff. In that case, do I just need to get a hard drive that's 500 GB bigger? Sorry for all the questions.

Pretty much. I think you can only copy saves and music separately. Things like games cannot be moved by themselves.

So yes, you should just get a bigger internal hard drive.
#15StiLl SIk wiT iTPosted 3/23/2013 11:42:57 AM
cant sync Eyeconnect to my ps after update. jus' sayin
---
Spinning ...