This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently, I'm a reactiony who wants to go back to PS1 Tomb Raider...

#1Zora_PrincePosted 3/22/2013 8:42:46 PM
...because I'm complaining and upset that the new one doesn't have any real puzzles or serious platforming...

Apparently, I'm a reactionary for being upset it doesn't have the things that made Tomb Raider Tomb Raider...
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#2CammyApplePosted 3/22/2013 8:50:15 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
...because I'm complaining and upset that the new one doesn't have any real puzzles or serious platforming...

Apparently, I'm a reactionary for being upset it doesn't have the things that made Tomb Raider Tomb Raider...

"Puzzles" in modern action games are dead. You may have one here or there but that's it. They aren't needed. They don't fit the story most often.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#3Worker_8_Posted 3/22/2013 8:53:19 PM(edited)
Isn't the new one supposed to be a prequel to the others and show how Lara developed her skills to become a treasure hunter? Previous ones had her objective actually going after some ancient treasure or something of the sort.

Why would there be puzzles and things of that nature in a game thats about surviving enemies and escaping wherever she is stranded?
#4CammyApplePosted 3/22/2013 8:53:36 PM
Worker_8_ posted...
Isn't the new one supposed to be a prequel to the others and show how Lara developed her skills to become a treasure hunter? Previous ones had her objective actually going after some ancient treasure or something of the sort.

Why would there be puzzles and things of that nature in a game thats about surviving enemies and escaping?

It's a "prequel" in a reboot. But otherwise everything else is correct.
---
#5Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:53:55 PM
CammyApple posted...
Zora_Prince posted...

"Puzzles" in modern action games are dead. You may have one here or there but that's it. They aren't needed. They don't fit the story most often.

Tomb Raider isn't a modern action game......at all.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#6Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:54:45 PM
Worker_8_ posted...

Why would there be puzzles and things of that nature in a game thats about surviving enemies and escaping wherever she is stranded?

They can't have sections with puzzles on the island? A cavern set up by the natives that you must solve?
---
#7G-NsericoPosted 3/22/2013 9:01:09 PM
Yeah, puzzles are boring and difficult, I prefer explosions and tha chance to break a guy face with a hatchet, that's entertainment.

Gamers only want action now buddy, and little blinking lights, but mostly action.
#8CammyApplePosted 3/22/2013 9:03:30 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
CammyApple posted...
Zora_Prince posted...

Tomb Raider isn't a modern action game......at all.

It is now.
---
#9CammyApplePosted 3/22/2013 9:04:21 PM
G-Nserico posted...
Yeah, puzzles are boring and difficult, I prefer explosions and tha chance to break a guy face with a hatchet, that's entertainment.

Gamers only want action now buddy, and little blinking lights, but mostly action.

In their action games they do. There is plenty of room for puzzles in adventure games, RPGs, puzzle games.
---
#10ShineboxerPosted 3/22/2013 9:05:04 PM
"Muh on-rails raiders"

"Dude raider"
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD