This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing all racing games on PS3, Test Drive Unlimited 2 best game!!!!!!!

#11nouseravailablePosted 3/23/2013 10:36:26 AM(edited)
I really liked Test Drive 4. Idk, after that, they started releasing too many of those off-road series. Heh, these days i can only play Mario kart and copies (if any1 knows a good one). Im a casual raceing gamer ;D.
---
NP: Fire Emblem 3DS and P4Arena
#12true_gamer80Posted 3/23/2013 10:40:42 AM
Phophenomenon posted...
LOL. TDU2 sucked because it was directed by the god awful woman. Midnight Club LA is better.

it sucked cause it was broken and unfinished when they released it inncluding its dlc that didnt work for months lol. Its driving physics were utter **** as aside from the unfinished game and all its bugs and glitches that was by far the biggest complaint I seen by most.

If the game was actually finished it could have been alot of fun, I could have put up with and got used to the "bathtub" like physics but I literally couldnt play the game for 2 months after it came out....that is how bad its bugs and glitches were at its release and for a awhile after.

I love its ideas and everything it offerd but nothing and I mean nothing worked when it came out....this is why its one of the worst racers this gen, well that and its driving physics that are prob also the worst this gen.
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#13guineathewopPosted 3/23/2013 11:21:08 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
wtf are you talking about, my fav genre and I spit my morning coffee out hearing you say its one of the better racers....heck I can name very easily about 20-30 racers from this gen that are much much better then it....Ive nevr ever heard someone claim or say something so silly. It is very easily one of the worst racers in recent memory let alone one of the worse this entire gen imo

Like I said, it's a piece of ****. But so is pretty much every racer on the PS3. At least you can cruise around the massive islands, so there's something good about it.

Need for Speed has been turned into Burnout
Gran Turismo was an awful mess
Midnight Club had Mario Kart rubber banding

Honestly the only racing games I've enjoyed this gen have been Test Drive Unlimited 1, Forza 4 (3 was alright but the graphics sucked), Forza Horizon and Project Gotham 3.

Also Driver San Francisco kicks major ass, but it's not really a racing game.
#14BlueBombei2Posted 3/23/2013 11:37:44 AM
guineathewop posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
wtf are you talking about, my fav genre and I spit my morning coffee out hearing you say its one of the better racers....heck I can name very easily about 20-30 racers from this gen that are much much better then it....Ive nevr ever heard someone claim or say something so silly. It is very easily one of the worst racers in recent memory let alone one of the worse this entire gen imo

Like I said, it's a piece of ****. But so is pretty much every racer on the PS3. At least you can cruise around the massive islands, so there's something good about it.

Honestly the only racing games I've enjoyed this gen have been Test Drive Unlimited 1, Forza 4 (3 was alright but the graphics sucked), Forza Horizon and Project Gotham 3.

Foriza Horizon was horrible. Have you never played Grid? What about the Dirt series? Wipeout HD? Also how is Gran Turismo 5 a horrible mess? Need for Speed Carbon is excellent. Burnout Paradise is super fun. Motorstorm is a blast. Midnight Club shouldn't be taken seriously unless your a 13 year old and it's your first racing game ever.
#15true_gamer80Posted 3/23/2013 12:35:15 PM(edited)
guineathewop posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

you realise theres about 70 more racers right(if not ,ore)....you seem to be missing pretty much the entire genre.....
---
#16guineathewopPosted 3/23/2013 12:37:11 PM
BlueBombei2 posted...

Also how is Gran Turismo 5 a horrible mess?

How is it not? The paint system, the lack of platinum cars, the graphics on everything but the cars... Even the camera they used sucked horrible ass. Is the car moving or is the road moving below the car? Felt like Hang On.

I've tried all those games. Motorstorm is fun but I was referring more to games that use real cars. I keep trying Dirt cause someone always says "It's different than the last one" but they still end up all sucking.
#17true_gamer80Posted 3/23/2013 12:39:10 PM
How is it not? The paint system, the lack of platinum cars, the graphics on everything but the cars... Even the camera they used sucked horrible ass. Is the car moving or is the road moving below the car? Felt like Hang On.

lol.....yikes. Ill ust say I strongly disagree and havent even heard of that last part till you just said it lol.
---
#18BlueBombei2Posted 3/23/2013 1:22:54 PM
guineathewop posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...

I've tried all those games. Motorstorm is fun but I was referring more to games that use real cars. I keep trying Dirt cause someone always says "It's different than the last one" but they still end up all sucking.

200+ Premium cars at launch with others added in paid and free DLC isn't enough cars for you? The camera is standard through out the series. The physics are amazing as is the realism. There is a reason it's the number one selling racing game on the planet.

What didn't you like about Dirt?
#19MlREFOXPosted 3/23/2013 1:48:41 PM
This is like saying you've played every FPS on the system and Legendary is easily the best...

TDU2 is easily one of the worst racing games,on the system.
#20MlREFOXPosted 3/23/2013 1:52:21 PM
guineathewop posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...

Is this a joke? You clearly haven't played GT5. Sorry that you can't put livery on your car, but the game is the pinnacle of driving on the system. And as for premium (or platinum cars as you called them), there are more premium cars than other games have in their entire garages, plus the hundreds and hundreds of standard cars which all hold up graphically on the track and just aren't modeled for up-close photo modes.