This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A rhetorical question: Why does browsing the PlayStation Store suck so much?

#1shmattaPosted 3/23/2013 1:56:45 PM
How hard can it be to organize your products for public consumption? Especially when it only entails a few tag words.

They used to have AC Brotherhood listed as a PSN game, though they seem to have straightened that out.

I go to the "Full Game" section looking for the first Bioshock; can't find it, huh? Okay maybe it got bundled, or maybe it got the ultimate edition treatment, so I go to those two sections... Nope. Okay maybe they listed it as a PSN game by mistake, nope not that either. Okay, let me go to the "All PS3 Games" section... ... ... WTF?! Didn't Bioshock come out on the PSN? Lemme see... Oh yeah, you can search for titles at the top... And yes, there it is, for $19.99. SMH.

So yes, in theory I could have just searched from the get go, but what if I'm just browsing? What if I just want to see what's available? I mean, how hard can it ****ing be?! Crimey, this is... What year is this? 20 mother****ing 13?! We got drones flying through the sky able to take down enemies from thousands of feet away and we can't even get our **** together on the PlayStation Store! What the **** kind of **** is that?! Put a mother****ing proper tag on yer ****ing games Sony! Ya ****ing numbskulls! Put an intern on it. Do somethin'. SMGDMFH.
#2BearpowersPosted 3/23/2013 2:02:15 PM
It used to be better.
#3qwertyMrJINXPosted 3/23/2013 2:02:21 PM
Well, I mean, it didn't use to suck that much.
It used to be very neatly organized and pretty. But you know what they say, "If it ain't broke, then it must be destroyed."
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#4Jiek_FafnPosted 3/23/2013 2:07:03 PM
Not to mention, if you go through a lot of menus to browse it starts to lag. I want to give you money, Sony. Why must you make it so difficult?
---
PSN: Jiek
#5The_King82Posted 3/23/2013 2:53:27 PM(edited)
That's why I've been using

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/main

It's easier to use (still needs some work) and faster. In May, I think we will be able to push downloads onto the PS3 from the website. Apparently that's what the 4.40 update was for.
I won't be surprised if the PS4 just has a link to that website for the store.

I'm not a fan of the new PSN Store. Takes a long time to load up, lags when browsing around, and content is chore to find.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!