This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I was in Gamestop today and heard something (GTA V related)...

#1DevilTears604Posted 3/23/2013 2:49:43 PM
They had a tv in there running advertisments like they do, and GTA V came up. The guy on there said that the world of GTA V is bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas, and Red Dead Redemption combined!

How is such a huge world even possible?
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#2harcoreblazerPosted 3/23/2013 2:51:42 PM
It's Rockstar, anything is possible, they could even add Harry Potter if they wanted.
---
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't
#3DoublesoubaPosted 3/23/2013 3:10:47 PM
Because it's Rockstar. They don't try to put out a game every year or two. They allow their teams to take their time, and make a master piece of a game. That's why I try to buy every Rockstar game at launch. They deserve my money, unlike Activision and Capcom. GTAV is going to be an awesome, huge game. I just hope they bring back some stuff from San Andreas. Like pimping out your car, working out to get stronger, different fighting styles, and skill updrades (the more you drive a bike, the better your handling becomes). Then it would truly be the perfect GTA.
---
Drakengard 3 is announced! I won't remove this until I the game is released, to spread the word!
#4Devilman_AmonPosted 3/23/2013 3:11:10 PM
We need Yakuza 5 & Yakuza HD Collection localized, Shenmue HD Collection created, Shenmue III to be made, and Sleeping Dogs needs a sequel.

We could also use a Gamera open world game....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#5fhsfootball74Posted 3/23/2013 3:13:29 PM
I can't wait until we find out that it only applies to the unannounced next gen version of the game and that the PS3 version is severely gimped.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#6boxingtonPosted 3/23/2013 3:16:11 PM
IIRC, there's also a lot of stuff underwater, too
---
http://imgur.com/AMN4G.gif
#7Video_Game_CzarPosted 3/23/2013 3:24:03 PM
Still willing to bet it has less to do in it then GTA SA...Hell, Vice City. I just don't truth them after IV. I mean, China Town Wars had more going for it then IV...That awful story, mini-games missing...and those phone calls...That was one of the reasons I quit playing.

I think Saints Row IV is going to stump it anyways, That game looks freakin' great.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#8true_gamer80Posted 3/23/2013 3:35:32 PM(edited)
DevilTears604 posted...
They had a tv in there running advertisments like they do, and GTA V came up. The guy on there said that the world of GTA V is bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas, and Red Dead Redemption combined!

How is such a huge world even possible?

its already been done, fuel has has done an even bigger openworld. It was so big you can take the new GTA map and place it in fuels world and it would still have tons of space.

Its the world rcord holder for largest openworld map ever created in video games without any random generated stuff.

Off the top of my head it was something like 150,000 squared km. It was so big you can take literally almost every openwolrd games map this gen and pop and fit it into fuels world....thats how big it was.
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#9Hello_MeloPosted 3/23/2013 3:46:23 PM
I read that interview. Bigger than SA (not that big when I played in 2012), RDR and GTA 4. That's pretty damn big. It beats Fuel because there is more variety in the landscape (inside of buildings etc.)
---
I love you.
#10true_gamer80Posted 3/23/2013 3:50:00 PM
Hello_Melo posted...
I read that interview. Bigger than SA (not that big when I played in 2012), RDR and GTA 4. That's pretty damn big. It beats Fuel because there is more variety in the landscape (inside of buildings etc.)

Ill give you the inside of buildings but fuel was pretty damn varied scenic wise. desserts, mountains, beaches, forrests, tundra, and everything in between. You think of a geographic location the US has its represented in the game. Saying fuel wasnt varied is like saying the US landscape isnt varied.
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA