This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you guys staying with Sony next generation?

#11kaiser ryuPosted 3/23/2013 4:49:02 PM
I'm waiting for everyone's cards to be on the table before I call anything. As it stands the rumors surrounding Microsoft make me apprehensive to say the least. Sony's showing so far has been alright but there are gaps in information I'd like filled before I'd be comfortable taking a full stance on how I feel there either. In all between the two I'm more positively geared towards Sony at the moment.

What would comfort me immensely is learning what they aim to do with regards to streaming and digital media. I want service plans outlined. If it turns out that they are planning to screw up and make, say, PS3 games for streaming only I'll be extremely turned off to the PS4.

At the moment the Wii U isn't really on my radar. Like always Nintendo will eventually pump out enough first party titles to warrant a late-in-the-gen shopping spree but that's still a good five years off so... yeah.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#12sjc1279Posted 3/23/2013 4:54:41 PM
I"m staying with sony, but not gettting 1 at launch. There will be lack of games just like 3ds, vita, wii u. I'll enjoy playing on my wii u and ps3 and get a ps4 about a year later.
#13Red_JesterPosted 3/23/2013 4:59:09 PM
I have no problems at all with switching to the 360 and would easily do so if they outdo the PS4 and it wouldn't surprise me if they did edge it out in everything besides the potential of streaming services on PS4.

That said, I see Microsoft as being as bad as EA on their negative impact on the games industry as a whole. They grabbed publishers by the balls and forced them to play by their rules since they were beating the PS3 for so long and still garner more game sales on their platform today. You'd be shocked if you knew what all they did. You're literally not allowed to release a game on the 360 if the PS3 version ends up being vastly superior. Thus, so many games to this day are still designed around the 360 first and then fit onto the PS3.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#14Thor61Posted 3/23/2013 5:07:23 PM
I'm going wherever the games go
#15Stanger5150Posted 3/23/2013 5:14:43 PM
No. I've been Sony/Nintendo/sometimes Sega gamer since 1995.

I'll just be with Nintendo from now on. My favorite consoles from the last 3 gens were Sony systems... but the PS4 just isn't me.

I don't claim any kind of brand loyalty, because I feel like that is stupid, so it's not a big deal really. It's just an electronic product that just happened to not win me over.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish- PS3, Super Mario Bros. 2- NES
#16Godly_GoofPosted 3/23/2013 5:15:21 PM
I'll just buy all the ones that have games worth buying. And not buying any that ban used games or are constant online.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#17TroutfischPosted 3/23/2013 5:21:07 PM
Sony for sure - I've been with them since PS1 so why jump ship?

The real question is will I purchase a Wii U, given how poor the past Nintendo consoles have been.
---
PSN: Troutfisch
#18syctheweilderPosted 3/23/2013 5:37:02 PM
Every new piece of information I learn about Microsoft and Sony's new consoles make the Wii U seem more appealing.

And It doesn't even have any games I care about.
#19ARMs7777Posted 3/23/2013 5:40:17 PM
definately staying with sony since they have the widest variety of games. Bought a wii but that mostly became a paper weight so I don't have any plans for getting a Wii U yet. I have a gaming PC so getting XBox seems pointless, unless they start getting exclusives.
#20_tanjil_Posted 3/23/2013 5:57:41 PM
I'' be staying with Sony. But we're gonna need some time apart. Maybe when she doesn't cost so much to have fun with. Until then, it'll be ME time. Focus on school, gym, work, etc