This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long are the Metal Gear Solid Games?

#11doraemonllh1989Posted 3/23/2013 8:19:42 PM
depends on how much replay you plan to do

I spend like 30-40 hours on mgs4 alone,and even longer on mgs3
---
I like good games
#12turtles1236Posted 3/23/2013 9:08:48 PM
Mgs1 can be beat in 8 - 12 hours for a newbie.

Mgs2 can be beat in 10 - 15 hours if you played Mgs1. I got all the way to the torture scenes in 8 - 9 hours my first ever playthrough without skipping any scenes.

Mgs3 can be way different depending on how well you use the camouflage system or run n gun alot and if you played Mgs1 & 2, 10 - 18 hours.

Mgs4 watching everything is like 10 - 12 hours for the cut scenes alone, depending on skill in the other Mgs games your looking at 16 - 24 hours.

These times are based on my personal play style on normal without help or guides and getting side tracked at times.

After you know what to do every Mgs game is super short, 1 1/2 - 3 hours even on the hardest difficulties. Mgs4 on my 1st attempt on the hardest difficulty no killing or getting spotted was 2 hours 48 minutes. Most of the gameplay time is cut scenes in the Mgs series.

Replay value imo is (in this order) Mgs3, Mgs4, Mgs2 then Mgs1 because of the stuff you can collect from multiple playthroughs on 1 save.
---
If You Look Past The First 3 Layers Of Bull S*** You Will Always Find The Truth
PSN: BiG_j_632 / XBL: XIG BiG j 632
#13NeoGeoXSegaPosted 3/24/2013 4:25:39 PM
WTF people are getting 10-12 hours for MGS1?
It was the shortest game in the series. 6-8 hours MAX. You can beat it in 3 hours if you replay it & know what to do & where to go.

MGS3 & 4 are the longest games in the series.
15-25 hours for each.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#14skeithxthPosted 3/24/2013 4:34:14 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...

Peace Walker ~ 8-10hours for the story. +~70-100hours for ALL the extra content.

Are you friggin' kidding me? I have the collection myself, and am playing it in order but I never got around to Peace Walker back in the day so it'll be a whole new experience for me. But 100 hours for everything? What the crap, is this an RPG, a massively content-filled game (with the ranks and all), or just really, really hard? Because that's an exceptionally HUGE number. Even for a Kojima game that's long on story.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#15Mr_Big_BossPosted 3/24/2013 6:06:32 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...

Peace Walker ~ 8-10hours for the story. +~70-100hours for ALL the extra content.

Are you friggin' kidding me? I have the collection myself, and am playing it in order but I never got around to Peace Walker back in the day so it'll be a whole new experience for me. But 100 hours for everything? What the crap, is this an RPG, a massively content-filled game (with the ranks and all), or just really, really hard? Because that's an exceptionally HUGE number. Even for a Kojima game that's long on story.

The game has 128 extra missions with varying degrees of difficulty. They are not required for the story, but if you want to complete every mission, it will take that long. If you want to get every codename, then you can double that number.

To answer TC's question

MGS1, 2, 3 will take about 8 - 12 hours for the story alone.
MGS PW might take a little longer if you grind for better weapons.
MGS4 will take about 10 - 15
MGR will take about 6 - 8 (the in game time will be less because cinemas don't count toward the time)
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#16cloud2556Posted 3/24/2013 6:10:06 PM
I finished PW in about 20 hours
---
"Only fools believe in deterrence."
#17wigsplasherPosted 3/24/2013 6:48:25 PM
I finished PW in about 20 hours

Finished does not mean completed.
---
3D gaming is overrated