This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people like FFX, and yet hate FFXIII?

#1ThamauturgePosted 3/23/2013 7:55:28 PM
Seriously, FFX is literally FFXIII-lite. It has almost all of the same flaws that XIII does; extremely linear world that isn't open to exploration, horribly stupid storyline and absurd character designs. The only thing substantially better about FFX is its actual combat, but thats it.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Silent Hill Downpour, Ratchet Collection
#2kloud 11Posted 3/23/2013 7:56:28 PM
I would say FFXIII is more like FFX lite
#3CorathTheHungPosted 3/23/2013 7:59:27 PM
I know. It's puzzling. Quite the anomaly. I don't dislike either, but my gripes of FFX at the time it was released is what people complain about XIII today. Going back to 3 characters threw me off as well.
---
Mods cannot hold me
Terms of Use cannot control me
#4Video_Game_CzarPosted 3/23/2013 8:02:42 PM
The two games are so much alike I don't understand the hate. Just goes to shows how stupid FF fans are. Hearing that It's "so linear"...I laughed my ass off when it was released.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#5Colinp42Posted 3/23/2013 8:10:59 PM
FFX, at the end of the day, has a plot that makes sense.
---
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
#6qwertyMrJINXPosted 3/23/2013 8:11:59 PM
Why do people keep making this thread? I don't like either of them.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#7doraemonllh1989Posted 3/23/2013 8:14:23 PM
Thamauturge posted...
Seriously, FFX is literally FFXIII-lite. It has almost all of the same flaws that XIII does; extremely linear world that isn't open to exploration, horribly stupid storyline and absurd character designs. The only thing substantially better about FFX is its actual combat, but thats it.

stupid storyline? lolz

just say that you hate the game troll
---
I like good games
#8Video_Game_CzarPosted 3/23/2013 8:17:50 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
Thamauturge posted...

stupid storyline? lolz

just say that you hate the game troll

Anime fan, eh?
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#9almasbabyPosted 3/23/2013 8:19:45 PM
Thamauturge posted...

That's why I like it better. A good battle system is essential. Without one it could ruin the game as is the case with FFXIII.
#10izza20Posted 3/23/2013 8:21:09 PM
I said this years ago too. People just like to jump on the hate bandwagon.