This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people like FFX, and yet hate FFXIII?

#11The_BonesPosted 3/23/2013 8:21:10 PM
There are quite a lot of differences between FFX and FFXIII.
#12Raven_CyarmPosted 3/23/2013 8:21:33 PM
Final Fantasy X does a much better job of disguising it's linearity than XIII.

"Horribly stupid storyline" is completely subjective as is "absurd character designs".
---
You're not the official anything of any board.
Stop it.
#13king_maddenPosted 3/23/2013 8:27:10 PM
so instead of improving, you're saying ff13 is just like ffx, and you dont see why people like the "original" more?

I will say this, the combat being better, and the world being not as linear, I remember being able to do more, and go more places, 13 pretty much just has one big area to make up for the lack of areas. a better cast who I think had a better back story and writing. oh and also the mini games.
#14PhaseSlaethePosted 3/23/2013 8:35:54 PM
FFX had -

A better world

An understandable plot

Characters that didn't all suck AS hard. And it had Auron.

A linearity that wasn't obvious

Music that didn't miss the FREAKING POINT by a galaxy.

Yeah, I dunno why people like X over XIII.
#15JiZamezPosted 3/23/2013 8:38:39 PM(edited)
lol @ all the complaints followed by "the combat is better" in FFX, which is complete crap.

Fighting in FF13, staggering and maintaining juggles is one of the most enjoyable things about the game, hands down, ESPECIALLY as of chapter 10.

Also, Masashi Hamauzu's soundtrack for FF13 was fantastic, hell, listen to ANY game he's composed for. And just so you know, he composed/co-composed songs for FFX.
---
Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory
My Fat Princess, Square-Enix, & other game OST's: http://youtube.com/mapleps3
#16gilv3rPosted 3/23/2013 8:41:42 PM
Story, characters, world, towns
#17SigmaHacielPosted 3/23/2013 8:42:43 PM
JiZamez posted...
lol @ all the complaints followed by "the combat is better" in FFX, which is complete crap.

Fighting in FF13, staggering and maintaining juggles is one of the most enjoyable things about the game, hands down, ESPECIALLY as of chapter 10.

Also, Masashi Hamauzu's soundtrack for FF13 was fantastic, hell, listen to ANY game he's composed for. And just so you know, he composed/co-composed songs for FFX.

J-Pop in an RPG is fantastic to you?

No wonder you think FFXIII is good. Eesh. Tell your folks I'm sorry.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#18The_BonesPosted 3/23/2013 8:43:45 PM
JiZamez posted...

The battle system is one of the many things I didn't like about FF13. I hated having to stagger every enemy in order to do decent damage to them as it got tedious after a while. FF13 did have an okay soundtrack but I liked the ost of FFX more.
#19dacekidPosted 3/23/2013 8:48:41 PM
Not...sure...if...serious

FF10 is the best FF I've played while FF13 is the worst...it also has the worst battle system, a very stupid plot that I do not understand and no side things to do...sounds nothing like FF10 to me...oh yeah, the summons suck too.

U mad TC? U wanna do something about that?
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#20G-NsericoPosted 3/23/2013 8:49:58 PM
Don't worry, I hate them both.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiG7z1lrs70