This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people like FFX, and yet hate FFXIII?

#71realskillz1990Posted 3/24/2013 6:40:35 AM
ffx has amazing characters(wakka,yuna,lulu,auron), superior turn based combat, and cool story

ff13 only has graphics but everything else about it is horrendous especially the whiny kid
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#72Stunning SteveAustinPosted 3/24/2013 6:59:16 AM(edited)
X has a more engaging story with a far better-realised world, and while all Final Fantasy games are to an extent linear, XIII takes it to a whole new extreme.
---
"The algorithms I have been programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought." ~ KOS-MOS
#73Wario_manPosted 3/24/2013 7:02:47 AM
realskillz1990 posted...
ffx has amazing characters(wakka,yuna,lulu,auron), superior turn based combat, and cool story

ff13 only has graphics but everything else about it is horrendous especially the whiny kid

1. Every single character except Auron and Khimari, sort of is absolute worthless, poorly written trash.
2. X had a worse whiny kid by far. "Waaah, my dad never loved me, waaah, this is my story even though I don't contribute anything, I accomplish nothing and don't even belong in this time period/dimension/plane of existence, waaah, pay attention to me!"
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.
#74stawg007Posted 3/24/2013 7:08:27 AM
Because FFX is better in every way possible
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#75ManservicePosted 3/24/2013 7:11:30 AM
Their brains weren't fully developed when FFX was released.
#76Wario_manPosted 3/24/2013 7:12:24 AM
Manservice posted...

And after it was released their brains never would be.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#77anonymous46773Posted 3/24/2013 8:07:37 AM
I honestly can't say much that hasn't already been said before. But yeah, damn near everything was done better. Story, characters, environment, OST, customization, having a variety of locales, NPCs, etc. And it did a MUCH better job of disguising its linearity. You could stop and play blitzball at any time, there were a few minigames, some areas you could actually explore, etc.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#78SigmaHacielPosted 3/24/2013 8:08:21 AM
Wario_man posted...
Manservice posted...

And after it was released their brains never would be.

Yeah, I'm sure you are the gold standard of brain development with that sig.

Right.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#79Impaired MedicPosted 3/24/2013 8:09:30 AM
Dear TC,
Many, many people complained about FFX's linearity when it was released.

Sincerely,
Impaired Medic
---
You're now a better person for having read this post.
#80Mavado 2 NitaraPosted 3/24/2013 10:12:35 AM
When I was younger and FFX was a new game, it was amazing. I could completely look past some of the more cringe VA work and costume designs in it because I was completely sucked in to this new installment in my then-beloved series. FFX felt like it delivered and left me satisfied.

FFXIII is a game I put down at chapter 8/9 and didn't pick up again for a good while. When I did, I went on to complete it and even do all the postgame grind (mind-numbing). I think in terms of presentation and combat mechanics, FFXIII is hard to fault. But in terms of how the story was handled, story progression, character VAs, character motivations and growth, it was terrible. Terrible as in ****ing atrocious. I only like two characters at most in the whole XIII saga. I still haven't finished FFXIII-2's story yet and while the game is more "open" and "content-filled" than the first installment, it is still somehow a more tedious and boring game.
---
Do you like our owl?
http://www.backloggery.com/monstresacre