This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All Final Fantasy fans need to support Final Fantasy X

#111Oskar_Kokoshka9Posted 3/24/2013 12:01:02 PM
Yeah, I'll get it. Best thing SE has done in years aside from bringing over Dragon Quest 5 and 6...or maybe that was Nintendo. Whatever.
---
PSN: Oskar_Kokoshka99
#112JKPhagePosted 3/24/2013 12:06:50 PM
I don't plan to buy this out of some mis-guided notion that supporting it will magically make us more likely to get remakes of older Final Fantasy games. Square has, in fact, already made a statement that they do not plan to remake FF7 until they have surpassed it with another main series FF game. They don't want to update the most popular game in the series with current gen graphics and game systems because next to it, all the rest will look like garbage, or at least that is their line or reasoning, so they plan to make a game BETTER than FF7, that way when they do remake it they won't suffer the inevitable "Now why can't you make another game this good?".

On the other hand, as much as I did enjoy FF7, and as much as I would love to see the ORIGINAL game on a current gen console looking AMAZING and being able to see a world that I am very fond of in glorious detail, I would much rather see a current gen (or at the very least a Vita version) of FF6. It's long been the series darkhorse, so to speak. 7 always gets all the praise and raving fans and cameos and what have you, but FF6 very rarely gets a nod despite being VERY popular among fans of the series, simply because 7 was the first with 3D graphics and most people who started with 7 have never played the previous ones. If we could get a larger audience for FF6 then the rest of the series would suddenly look very intriguing to new fans.

And finally, I DO plan to purchase the FFX HD Collection, as well as the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Collection, for one simple reason: I want the international versions of these games. SE never releases the international version internationally, which is an oxymoron of the worst sort. The international versions contain what a die-hard completionist would call a "total experience". FFX having the expert sphere grid, basically equating to hard mode for those of us who have played the game before and want a new experience, plus the Dark Aeon superbosses makes for a very intriguing extra bit of gameplay. FFX-2 has not only 2 brand new jobs to use, but a train-a-monster/character fourth party member that you can customize (Choosing from most any monster in the game, including bosses, as well as basically every NPC in the game, as well as ones like Seymour, Auron and Tidus who weren't around in FFX-2), and to top it all off: An extra epilogue playable chapter with a large dungeon, extra superboss, and "Where are they now" stories shared by the characters that are influenced by the tasks you completed in your playthroughs. That's a very LARGE chunk of content and adds quite a bit of replayability. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 also has the international version of KH (Final Mix) which not only has an extra boss that ties into KH2/Chain of Memories, but also a more complete version of the story, clarifying points that were left vague or poorly explained as well as just straight up extra cutscenes and events, plus new weapons, items, enemies and abilities plus two new difficulty modes. I LOVE Kingdom Hearts and it's always bugged me that I never got the full experience, and now we're getting that plus refined controls in the HD collection. I will buy them day 1 simply to support the fact that I want the international versions released in the US in the future. We're fans of the games just as much as the Japanese market, and we're entitled to the full experience too.

So no, I won't be buying these to support a Final Fantasy 7 remake, I'll be buying them to encourage releases of International/Final Mix versions, as it should be.
#113Arn544Posted 3/24/2013 12:17:50 PM
Until they fire those dirtbags Kistase and Toriyama I'm not buying another SE product.
#114GalcianPosted 3/24/2013 12:36:24 PM
Here is a pre-order link for it
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-X-2-Remaster-Playstation-3/dp/B00BY0G0YU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=LDYZXQ5ITGLO&coliid=I2Z2WR7QA0DODW
---
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gamelife/2013/01/pantower.jpg
Pandora's Tower; to be released April 16, 2013 (http://www.amzn.com/B00B2QL2Y4)
#115JonSanPosted 3/24/2013 1:01:03 PM
LenneValkirye posted...

FFXIII-2 is an excellent game - certainly better than FFX

Can't. Tell. If. Serious.
#116FulvipPosted 3/24/2013 1:02:43 PM
JonSan posted...
LenneValkirye posted...

FFXIII-2 is an excellent game - certainly better than FFX

Can't. Tell. If. Serious.

It's Lenne about XIII-2? Most likely serious. And as much as I like XIII and XIII-2, it's also wrong.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: TERA, MGR, TR
#117PraetorXynPosted 3/24/2013 1:18:26 PM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
Supporting FFX is just like supporting FFXIII. They were made by the same people, and are the only two game sin the series touted as "interactive movies."

YES that's right - FFXIII is the direct result of FFX fans. I hate FFX, it's all your fault!

Finally someone else gets it.
#118DemonSoulLokiPosted 3/24/2013 1:22:04 PM
Yes, I shall support the HD version... withyunabymyside :)
---
Effort gives confident in oneself as Pride does not equal ability. ~DemonSoulLoki
#119OhHeyltsYouPosted 3/24/2013 1:26:05 PM
I don't support HD remakes at all. I could care less if it fails or not.

I have a working PS2 with a huge library of games. I can plug in multiple consoles with my adapter, so not being able to play PS2 games on my PS3 never bothered me.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#120SakurafanboyPosted 3/24/2013 1:29:15 PM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
I don't support HD remakes at all. I could care less if it fails or not.

I have a working PS2 with a huge library of games. I can plug in multiple consoles with my adapter, so not being able to play PS2 games on my PS3 never bothered me.

Have fun missing out on bonus content! :)
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!