This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't really get why people bash people who want dual audio in games.

#1mgs4fan540Posted 3/23/2013 11:59:25 PM
I lived in japan for half of my life. And when i buy American games at japan, I want the game to have dual audio. Why? Because Kratos sounds weird in japanese.

I like dual audio because I want to hear the original voices. Like Metro 2033, I liked the Russian voices better because it feels more realistic. I like it when the Call of duty characters talk in english, because the japanese VA's sounds off.

Oh, and I like playing my games in different languages for replay value :P
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2doraemonllh1989Posted 3/24/2013 12:06:00 AM
ppl bash everything
---
I like good games
#3kloud 11Posted 3/24/2013 12:06:52 AM
I feel you bro
#4sean2995Posted 3/24/2013 12:08:44 AM
Like you said, when they speak the right language it sounds natural/better.

To me it adds another feature but its not missed but for games that came from Nisa its kinda loved due to the fact the VO for english is short due to the $$ involved.

I don't know much about JPN games but they seem to have way more VO work in alot of their games.
#5YukitoRamboPosted 3/24/2013 1:01:51 AM
Because the issue with dual audio options has always degenerated down to English vs. Japanese voices, particularly since those people are wea- I mean... they prefer their JRPGs with Japanese voices despite not understanding a damn thing.

Regardless, companies are much less inclined to include dual-audio for JRPGs because they increase cost. Different casts pretty much meant different licensing meaning that they need to cough up more with each additional language. In the case of Japanese voices especially, they are expensive. If there's anyone to blame the most, it would be the voice actors' agencies; in Japan, being a voice actress extends a bit beyond voice acting. They also sing, do modelling and appear in events and conventions. Many would even buy a product simply because it has their favorite faces on it, and those agencies are applying the same logic outside their native country.

Outside of JRPGs, multiple audio track options being scarce also boggles my mind. I mean, I don't know about consoles but RE6 for PC came not with dual audio, but quadruple audio(English, Italian, French, Spanish). And RE6 has a lot of talking for an action game.
---
"...Winning is of little consequence. What's important is communicating through one's fists."
GFWL tag: DoraemonJerlun
#6diebuster2Posted 3/24/2013 1:04:10 AM
What's a WPRG?
---
You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. - Harvey Dent.
#7FulvipPosted 3/24/2013 1:12:09 AM
diebuster2 posted...
What's a WPRG?

White People Raging (on) Games.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: TERA, MGR, TR
#8thisranksPosted 3/24/2013 1:19:30 AM
(Bypassing the standard abnormal regionally challenged responses) games deserving dual audio never bothered me. As long as games localized to NA get an English VA option i'm ok with a second option.

I think that should work for all localizations in every region. I remember seeing a topic in which a game got localized to Japan with no Jp VA. That's an insult to the Japanese gamers and is unacceptable.

I agree that it's simply an excuse for some people to have something to complain about, though. It's also an excellent excuse for some to push the regional agenda as seen in some other posts. Think crutch...
---
She blinded me with region .... see quote.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW
#9Killah PriestPosted 3/24/2013 1:21:59 AM
I prefer characters to speak in their native language but I'm not going to throw a fit if its all in one language.

The only thing I don't like is if its say english but the character is russian so they have the character speak english in a russian accent... but you can clearly tell its just a native english speaker putting on a fake accent. Its really better to just not try at all than to have a bad fake accent.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#10iveriadPosted 3/24/2013 2:13:53 AM
I think it's more like "people bash people who bash a jrpg/game for not including dual audio" sometimes.
---
"There is no justice in using and deceiving people!"