This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't really get why people bash people who want dual audio in games.

#21Draconas_LyrrPosted 3/24/2013 4:37:34 AM
diebuster2 posted...
digitalwill2000 posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
I lived in japan for half of my life. And when i buy American games at japan, I want the game to have dual audio. Why? Because Kratos sounds weird in japanese.

I like dual audio because I want to hear the original voices. Like Metro 2033, I liked the Russian voices better because it feels more realistic. I like it when the Call of duty characters talk in english, because the japanese VA's sounds off.

Oh, and I like playing my games in different languages for replay value :P

You're a weaboo who seems to love everything about japan yet claim you live there. Your behaviour proves otherwise, you've never been to japan. Lol so pathetic how you try too hard to validate this.

A yank living in japan and not learning the lanuage isnt surprising tho (or any language for that matter)

Lolyanks

lol Burned!

Lol its true though, and hes still blindly patriotic, note he lowercases japan but uppercases 'americans'. Trrrrryhaaaaarrrd

He also has, "Russian," capitalized, not really defending him, but I don't think his capitalization habits have anything to do with patriotism.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#22Black_AssassinPosted 3/24/2013 5:07:59 AM
koalabear9000 posted...
YukitoRambo posted...
Because the issue with dual audio options has always degenerated down to English vs. Japanese voices, particularly since those people are wea- I mean... they prefer their JRPGs with Japanese voices despite not understanding a damn thing.
Games usually have subtitles so you can understand everything.

Wish more people would understand this before repeating the "but you don't understand it" argument over and over.
---
lowercase
#23nclrwntrPosted 3/24/2013 5:59:25 AM
Games should take the Hunt for Red October approach. When a group of the same nationality are speaking amongst themselves, English. When other nationalities are present, everyone speaks their native language.

i.e. on a russian sub, the dialogue is all in english. when an american is present on said sub, the russians speak russian, the american speaks english.
#24DragoonGriffithPosted 3/24/2013 6:06:48 AM
Personally, I have absolutely no respect towards someone who wants dual audio and DEMANDS it in every anime styled JRPG for example.

Sorry, but if you want Japanese voices then go and learn Japanese or suck it up with a guide or something.

Now, if you only feel like it would be nice to have, then I agree.
But if you're boycotting the game or pirating the **** out of it, then you're beyond pathetic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ugfYWuG.gif
#25songoku0206Posted 3/24/2013 6:32:42 AM
koalabear9000 posted...
YukitoRambo posted...
Because the issue with dual audio options has always degenerated down to English vs. Japanese voices, particularly since those people are wea- I mean... they prefer their JRPGs with Japanese voices despite not understanding a damn thing.

Games usually have subtitles so you can understand everything. And english isn't native language for everyone so like myself I keep subtitles in all games because sometimes music or sound effects interrupts voice acting. Also I don't understand why you (and many others) think person is weeaboo for having original VA.
You do know that somethings can't be translated like when Japanese uses Chinese text so no you won't be able to understand everything.No you're a weeabo if you boycott a game because it doesn't have duel audio and don't even play the game for what it is.
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206
#26koalabear9000Posted 3/24/2013 6:40:00 AM
songoku0206 posted...
koalabear9000 posted...
YukitoRambo posted...

Games usually have subtitles so you can understand everything. And english isn't native language for everyone so like myself I keep subtitles in all games because sometimes music or sound effects interrupts voice acting. Also I don't understand why you (and many others) think person is weeaboo for having original VA.
You do know that somethings can't be translated like when Japanese uses Chinese text so no you won't be able to understand everything.No you're a weeabo if you boycott a game because it doesn't have duel audio and don't even play the game for what it is.

I don't understand what couldn't be translated. And yeah well that would be a weeabo. Don't understand who would even boycott a game without a dual audio.
#27Excuse_MePosted 3/24/2013 6:41:50 AM
Ace_Defective posted...
The "lol all dubs suck, no exceptions" people started it. Just sayin'.

this
#28YukitoRamboPosted 3/24/2013 7:03:42 AM
koalabear9000 posted...

I don't understand what couldn't be translated. And yeah well that would be a weeabo. Don't understand who would even boycott a game without a dual audio.

Are you friggin' serious...?

Despite not logging in everyday, I've seen enough threads from weeaboos since PS2 era crying about dual audio, particularly for the Japanese voice EVERYTIME some JRPG just got out, and even going on as far as telling themselves and others to boycott a game that doesn't have it. Maybe those fools were exaggerating, but they should blame themselves for not learning the language. And don't get me started on "NO TIME/MONEY TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE! BAWWWW"; Those fools should just learn to take what they can get if they don't have the capacity to learn it.

Ultimately, it's their money though. There are many other better reasons out there to boycott a game, such as DLC practice abuse(SFxT) and false advertisement(Aliens Colonial Marines), but they wanna miss out on good games over petty issues like no dual audio, it's their goddamn loss.
---
"...Winning is of little consequence. What's important is communicating through one's fists."
GFWL tag: DoraemonJerlun
#29songoku0206Posted 3/24/2013 7:04:56 AM
koalabear9000 posted...
songoku0206 posted...
koalabear9000 posted...
YukitoRambo posted...

For example let say their a joke in Japanese but it using Chinese text, well you're getting something completely different then what it was originally intended to say, it because it how it translated. Check the Atelier Ayesha board and you'll see what I am talking about.
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206
#30nihilist212Posted 3/24/2013 7:13:09 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
ppl bash everything

This is the only real explanation.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero