This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't really get why people bash people who want dual audio in games.

#31skeithxthPosted 3/24/2013 7:15:34 AM
What I don't get is why people complain about wanting dual-layered voice acting in their games when the reason they want that option in the first place is because they're complaining about the default language alone. I mean...why did you BUY it in the default language that's native to your country if you're just going to complain about it? Return it...then import the version you'd rather play.

...Then complain it isn't subbed.

And then be met with the logic that "of course it isn't subbed, it was sold in Japan for native speakers and players of Japan. Kind of like that non-Japanese, English copy you COMPLETELY understood that was specifically targeted to American audiences, yet you still complained about."

And that's the mindset of the industry. Why sub things when games are released internationally, natively, etc...? You get a copy that's suited not for your tastes, but for your ease of understanding. They're not gonna change that or adopt other methods because "a few non-Japanese people simply just dig the way the VAing sounds more in Japanese." That's not a logical reason to change things...it IS a profitable one though, if people decide to start charging you for the VAing and subbing you want. Which I can see happening.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#32songoku0206Posted 3/24/2013 7:16:12 AM
YukitoRambo posted...
koalabear9000 posted...

I don't understand what couldn't be translated. And yeah well that would be a weeabo. Don't understand who would even boycott a game without a dual audio.

Are you friggin' serious...?

Despite not logging in everyday, I've seen enough threads from weeaboos since PS2 era crying about dual audio, particularly for the Japanese voice EVERYTIME some JRPG just got out, and even going on as far as telling themselves and others to boycott a game that doesn't have it. Maybe those fools were exaggerating, but they should blame themselves for not learning the language. And don't get me started on "NO TIME/MONEY TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE! BAWWWW"; Those fools should just learn to take what they can get if they don't have the capacity to learn it.

Ultimately, it's their money though. There are many other better reasons out there to boycott a game, such as DLC practice abuse(SFxT) and false advertisement(Aliens Colonial Marines), but they wanna miss out on good games over petty issues like no dual audio, it's their goddamn loss.
This x 9000
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206
#33ReloadPsiPosted 3/24/2013 7:40:04 AM
Multiple audio is what sold DVDs to me when they were first introduced because I study languages on and off. It actually annoys me that French, Spanish and German aren't on most DVDs released in the UK.
---
If you've no respect for the fact that people have put the time aside to play a game with you, play a single-player game. There are thousands to choose from.
#34SigmaHacielPosted 3/24/2013 7:43:55 AM
Considering dual-audio costs, I don't mind if it doesn't happen.

It would be NICE, as it shows respect from the people behind said game, but whatever. I'll deal.

Things like custom soundtracking, etc though SHOULD be standard, and any naysayer isn't someone who should ever be paid attention to.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#35koalabear9000Posted 3/24/2013 8:20:58 AM
YukitoRambo posted...
koalabear9000 posted...

I don't understand what couldn't be translated. And yeah well that would be a weeabo. Don't understand who would even boycott a game without a dual audio.

Are you friggin' serious...?

Despite not logging in everyday, I've seen enough threads from weeaboos since PS2 era crying about dual audio, particularly for the Japanese voice EVERYTIME some JRPG just got out, and even going on as far as telling themselves and others to boycott a game that doesn't have it. Maybe those fools were exaggerating, but they should blame themselves for not learning the language. And don't get me started on "NO TIME/MONEY TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE! BAWWWW"; Those fools should just learn to take what they can get if they don't have the capacity to learn it.

Ultimately, it's their money though. There are many other better reasons out there to boycott a game, such as DLC practice abuse(SFxT) and false advertisement(Aliens Colonial Marines), but they wanna miss out on good games over petty issues like no dual audio, it's their goddamn loss.

I said I didn't understand why someone would do such a stupid thing. I know there are that kind of people but I don't understand why they do it. Boycotting a niche title you actually want will only hurt those niche companies hence no more games.
#36NicodimusPosted 3/24/2013 8:21:14 AM
It's the same thing that people who defend the removal of BC don't get:

More options are always better for the consumer, generally speaking.

Anyone who argues for any behavior or policy that gives the consumer less options is the worst kind of fool.
---
My gaming and movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My 8 pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#37Black_AssassinPosted 3/24/2013 8:29:57 AM(edited)
YukitoRambo posted...
they wanna miss out on good games over petty issues like no dual audio, it's their goddamn loss.

I have a gigantic backlog of good games across several systems. I'm in no hurry to play specific games.

Nicodimus posted...
It's the same thing that people who defend the removal of BC don't get:
More options are always better for the consumer, generally speaking.
Anyone who argues for any behavior or policy that gives the consumer less options is the worst kind of fool.

I'll second this.
---
lowercase
#38koalabear9000Posted 3/24/2013 8:34:18 AM
songoku0206 posted...
koalabear9000 posted...
songoku0206 posted...
koalabear9000 posted...
YukitoRambo posted...
Because the issue with dual audio options has always degenerated down to English vs. Japanese voices, particularly since those people are wea- I mean... they prefer their JRPGs with Japanese voices despite not understanding a damn thing.

Games usually have subtitles so you can understand everything. And english isn't native language for everyone so like myself I keep subtitles in all games because sometimes music or sound effects interrupts voice acting. Also I don't understand why you (and many others) think person is weeaboo for having original VA.
You do know that somethings can't be translated like when Japanese uses Chinese text so no you won't be able to understand everything.No you're a weeabo if you boycott a game because it doesn't have duel audio and don't even play the game for what it is.

For example let say their a joke in Japanese but it using Chinese text, well you're getting something completely different then what it was originally intended to say, it because it how it translated. Check the Atelier Ayesha board and you'll see what I am talking about.

Well you could still manage to translate that into english though it would harder to get it right. Also that's kinda minor thing if you can't translate a joke in RPG right because it isn't the main point of the game (I hope).
#39Devilman_AmonPosted 3/24/2013 8:34:32 AM
mgs4fan540 posted...
"I don't really get why people bash people who want dual audio in games."

Because of lip sync issues

There's only one set of animation and it will have to tie to one set of lip syncing; either Japanese or English.

This is one of the reasons why FFX's English dub seemed so awkward; because back then they were trying to match their English dub performance to the animation which was set to the Japanese voice tracks.

Nowadays things have gotten more technologically advanced where developers can adjust the animation to match the U.S. voice dub. But they still can't put both sets of animation onto one disc, nor would they want to (too much work and too much space).

Pick one. Not both.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#40DragoonGriffithPosted 3/24/2013 8:41:16 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
"I don't really get why people bash people who want dual audio in games."

Because of lip sync issues

That, and I'd also like to add that it costs more money for companies.
For a series like Tales that already has problems coming overseas, that's not possible right now for now.

What people don't realise is that Japanese VA's sign a contract with which they don't allow their voices to be used in International releases outside of Japan.
Not all, but most do.

So really, at the end of the day it is pure ignorance of the dual audio whiners.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ugfYWuG.gif