This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They should release SimCity on Playstation 3

#11GeassMasterPosted 3/24/2013 8:28:29 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
i remember a time when console games were played on console and PC games were played on PC.

good times

I blame Microsoft and casuals.
---
Now Playing: FotNS: Ken's Rage 2,Battlefield 3(PC), Atelier Totori+ , Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Drakengard,Sengoku Basara HD Collection
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#12Banjo2553Posted 3/24/2013 8:49:45 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
Sadly (hopefully?) they stopped making console (not handheld) SimCity games after SC2000.

Well, there's SimCity Creator, actually...not entirely correct there.

But the fact that they constantly want the new SimCity to be connected does rule out a console release. Unless it'll be on PS4 which I suspect will be connected constantly.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#13NightDrifter05Posted 3/24/2013 11:15:44 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
i remember a time when console games were played on console and PC games were played on PC.

good times

We are in a day and age where they need to bridge the 2 instead of keeping them separated. The PS3 already has built in mouse and keyboard abilities and it's easy to implement in a game so they really have no excuse not to start trying to make SimCity style games or giving gamers a mouse and keyboard control option. I think it would help boost PC gaming sales, it would be more PC oriented games on console, and it may even convince a few "PC master race" elitists to jump down to a console. Only real disadvantage would be PC gamers having to give up mod's and dedicated servers to play with console players in online multiplayer but that could be a completely separate option.
#14AsucaHayashiPosted 3/24/2013 11:52:32 AM
We are in a day and age where they need to bridge the 2 instead of keeping them separated.

the gap has already been widely filled... stuff like updates, online play, game installs, downloadable content etc. were all previously PC-only features and there are some who would say too much of it wasn't for the better at all due to how it has been handled.

http://tinyurl.com/43p7a82:
Hilariously, the gap between consoles and PCs has finally been bridged, but in totally the wrong way. Rather than catch up to the positive aspects of PC gaming, console developers/publishers have started competing for the negatives.

I think it would help boost PC gaming sales, it would be more PC oriented games on console
there already are a ton of PC-oriented games or games from PC devs on console. FPS and WRPG genres alone are a testament to this. games like CoD and Battlefield used to be exclusive to PC and i can't even think of one WRPG made by a console developer.

PC gaming revenue has seen a rise across the board but i'm betting that it has much more to do with the advent of digital distribution and gaming just becoming more popular overall.

also, it's a publisher's market right now and if an idea doesn't seem to have widespread and/or casual appeal, devs don't get approval for the game which is why kickstarter is such an immense success for developers like obsidian(fallout: new vegas) who want to make a classic, non-mainstream(dumbed down) PC RPG and many others like them.

Only real disadvantage would be PC gamers having to give up mod's and dedicated servers to play with console players in online multiplayer but that could be a completely separate option.

there are more problems than that when it comes to the closed, licensed, proprietary hardware of consoles and the day the open nature of the PC platform joins their ranks(such as what MS is leaning towards with windows 8), is the day when gaming has truly become dead.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/