This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PlayStation Plus......your thoughts

#31skeithxthPosted 3/24/2013 2:17:46 PM
king_madden posted...
skeithxth posted...
FiendingHard posted...
skeithxth posted...
Personally, I can see positives and negatives in PS Plus. The main driving force is the free games. Which also come with a downside...they're not free in the sense that you get to keep them once your Plus subscription is done. They're only free while your subscription is active. Thus, making them over-glorified "rentals" instead of "free games". The discounts are awesome, though. And luckily, you get to keep everything you actually spent money on once the service runs out. It just sucks that the "free games" aren't really "free" in the sense that you want them to be...you don't get to keep them. Which in and of itself, could be a deal breaker for many as GameFly offers the exact same service. Rent it, play it for free as long as you want (so long as you're a member), then have a chance to outright buy it, discounted, if you're a member as well.

How long do you need to play a game? Is a month or two not enough? You get a ****ing year to play through the game. If that's not enough time to beat a game then that's no ones fault but your own.

I think you're missing the point. And attempting to piss on my face and tell me it's rain. No sir, that's piss, and those games still aren't free. You are paying 60 dollars a year to BORROW games and be given discounts. You are paying Sony...to pay Sony LESS, and you STILL have to give them back their FREE games that you didn't spend actual money on. It's like getting a DLC Season Pass for a game...but you STILL have to pay for the DLC.

the majority play a game and get rid of it, so to get a game for an entire year is more than enough time to play it, get tired of it, delete it, and then play through it again before the year is up. if you are someone who cherishes games then this isnt for you.

personally I cant remember the last game I bought that lasted in my house for longer than 3-4 months. why would this year long "rental" be a bad thing?

i dont understand why all the whining, its a subscription service that offers more than just about any other service in gaming, and people want to bash it because they consider things "rentals", or not "free".

if its not for you then you have to bash it and the people who like it huh? trolls are gonna be trolls.

I never said it was a bad thing. I said it is what it is (a non-free glorified rental service), because that's exactly what it is. That's not me "bashing it" nor "being a troll". That's me telling the truth. What is with this "everyone who says something bad about what I like is a troll" defense? You're just getting defensive because you think i'm talking crap about something you enjoy when in reality, i'm just telling the truth.

Plus, the thread title clearly says: "YOUR THOUGHTS".

So if i'm a troll for doing exactly what the thread told me to do, you're a white knight for having a problem with it.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#32NicodimusPosted 3/24/2013 2:42:03 PM
Nicodimus posted...

Wrong. I put the disc in and hit triangle, tell it not to, and GUESS WHAT? It still tries to back it up every night anyway.

Once it uploads the first time, you have to do that in the savefile in the PS3 folder, not in your disc, genious.

Or take a look into this post:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672341-wwe-13/65244263

#1 It's spelled 'genius.'

#2 Deleting my 50 CAWs that I spent weeks perfecting is NOT an acceptable solution, and I don't know anyone who would think it would be.

#3 I just looked over my PS3 save files to see if I missed anything. I did not. It's not in the cloud folder, because it doesn't fit. It's in the regular save folder, but there is no option there to turn off the cloud saving when you press Triangle over the file. The ONLY PLACE there is an option to turn off the cloud saving feature is over the game disc, like I said. The problem is that it doesn't work.
---
My gaming and movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My 8 pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU