This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New PS3 owner. Any good current turn based JRPG PS3 exclusives?

#11PHEEliNUXPosted 3/24/2013 11:48:03 PM
Bekness posted...
Well Trinity Universe has 8 characters? I think. And it's turn based. I didn't like it but some people did.

I hear it is like the first Neptunia, The gameplay

Last Rebellion is turn based. I hear it's absolute garbage and is over in 14-15 hours, though.

Didn't play it, Found it used in a store but still didn't buy it because of what i hear about it

There's another game called Cross Edge, not sure if it's turn based or any good. Anyone played it?

It has a similar gameplay to Record of Agarest War 2, So i assume it is good, And it is a cross-over game
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#12BeknessPosted 3/24/2013 11:48:58 PM
Yeah that's the only hyperdimension neptunia I played, the first one, and I enjoyed that. I just didn't like Trinity Universe. A lot of the characters were really annoying.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#13Neonwarrior1243Posted 3/25/2013 12:10:51 AM
Well all the turn based PS3 exclusives have been said minus Toki Towa (releasing later this year), The Guided Fate Paradox (later this year), the Atelier series, and Rainbow moon(PSN only).

For ARPG you can check out the Tales of series, Folklore, Demon souls, Witch and the 100 knights (later this year or early next year), Ni no kuni, Final Fantasy XIII VS (If it releases), Kingdom Hearts HD collection(later this year) and Kingdom Hearts 3 (whenever this one comes out).
#14MrMolinaroPosted 3/25/2013 12:20:48 AM
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) - Tactics/TPS hybrid with movement points instead of a grid.
Rainbow Moon (PSN) - Standard turn-based on a small grid.
Resonance of Fate (PS360) - Unique turn-based/action hybrid focused on team attacks.
Lost Odyssey (360) - Plain vanilla turn-based with a trigger pull.
Blue Dragon (360) - Plain vanilla turn based with a charge meter.
---
This self-flagellation-as-skincare notion, where gamers loudly and proudly defend the destruction of their own rights as consumers, is an Orwellian perversity.
#15doraemonllh1989Posted 3/25/2013 12:21:37 AM
PHEEliNUX posted...
NashtheLion posted...
Valkyria Chronicles.

Early PS3 game and still one of the best looking games out there.

I never played it but it's fanboys are very bad, Makes the game look bad

u play games for fun,not for the fanboys,so if the fanbase are awful you avoid the game?i thought you buy a console to play games,not to please fanboys?
---
I like good games
#16PHEEliNUXPosted 3/25/2013 12:22:49 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
PHEEliNUX posted...
NashtheLion posted...
Valkyria Chronicles.

Early PS3 game and still one of the best looking games out there.

I never played it but it's fanboys are very bad, Makes the game look bad

u play games for fun,not for the fanboys,so if the fanbase are awful you avoid the game?i thought you buy a console to play games,not to please fanboys?

Who said i play games for fanboys
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#17The_AkxsionPosted 3/25/2013 12:26:01 AM
i freaking wish ps3 had good turn based jrpgs this gen
---
BACK IN AKXSION beby! Back by popular demand!
Do you even lift? I lift.
#18BeknessPosted 3/25/2013 12:35:18 AM
TC might not want Valkyria Chronicles, it's a strategy RPG. And yeah, turn based but that doesn't necessarily mean s/he'll like it.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#19AlltraPosted 3/25/2013 12:42:33 AM(edited)
"There's another game called Cross Edge, not sure if it's turn based or any good. Anyone played it?"

I have, and it is, but I wouldn't recommend it because it's awful.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.