This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 10-2 is a terrible game.

#21Draconas_LyrrPosted 3/24/2013 5:46:04 PM
I loved X-2..had a lot of fun getting 100%.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#22JurassicBondPosted 3/24/2013 5:50:02 PM
I really enjoyed the gameplay, but everything else about the game was pretty cringeworthy.
---
Reading: A Storm of Swords - George R. R. Martin
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#23burn420247Posted 3/24/2013 5:51:03 PM
best part in FF-X2 = Trema

Trema is the best side boss in any final fantasy!
---
Boxer Santaros: I'm a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide.
#24skeithxthPosted 3/24/2013 5:56:38 PM
Man am I gonna love "HAHAHAHAHA!" and "MONKEY!" in HD. I'm also gonna love trying to die to the final boss in FF10 and not being able to. In HD. And the trophy i'm gonna not get for not winning that Blitzball tournament. In HD! And that trophy I most certainly wont get for those 200 lightning bolt dodges? Oh man, oh man! HD!!!

But no really, i'm getting the HD collection for the international bonuses I never got my hands on the first time. A fighting arena in X-2 is much needed. Monster capturing is a plus, too. And hopefully they'll give us "Last Mission". But Dark Aeons and Penance? Right on.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#25siberian142Posted 3/24/2013 5:59:28 PM
drsw36 posted...
siberian142 posted...
I liked it for what it was, but i hated how Tidus comes back. He helped Yuna become less naive and accepting of everything and settled things with Jecht, he served his purpose within the story and his disappearance shouldn't have had an undo button. Endings like that get really tiresome and it'd be nice if they actually stuck with their decisions.

X-2 was a fun detour, but would have been a better game if it lost the Charlie's Angels vibe.

Well reviving Tidus is optional. You can just get the normal ending if you want..

I would assume that if Square ever expanded on X-2, the secret ending would be the one they'd consider canon. Even if they never do, the damage has still been done and Tidus being revived and living happily with Yuna is still an option. It significantly lessens the impact that the ending of X has and just feels like a major cop out in order to give Yuna her happy ever after and make fans feel all fuzzy because Tidus is back. You shouldn't revive Aerith just to give Cloud a happy ending, if you get rid of a character you should normally stick to that decision if you don't have a creative and meaningful way to bring them back
#26Grizzle1981Posted 3/24/2013 6:05:01 PM
1. FFX-2 has the best battle system of ANY final fantasy to date.
2. The whole game was nothing but side quests; think of it as an add on or DLC for FFX.
3. The story started light and got pretty interesting.
4. The character redesigns were great.
5. ... you actually liked FF12? Never mind ... I can't talk to you.
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#27DevilTears604Posted 3/24/2013 6:06:06 PM
X-2's story is no more ridiculous than any other JRPG out there.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#28majin nemesisPosted 3/24/2013 6:06:58 PM
mgs4fan540 posted...
Combat is alright, but no where as good as the gameplay of ff12.

lol no FFX-2 actually has gameplay compared to FF12 which plays itself
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#29ATTACK__CATPosted 3/24/2013 6:13:47 PM
^cringeworthy sums it up.

it did seem like it was aimed at teenage girls and it just felt awkward playing it and not being a teenage girl.

also yuna in ffx wasnt sexualised. anyone who thinks so is either incredibly sheltered (never watched tv) or an idiot.

suexualisation is a relative scale. i know people who can sexalise almost anything. that doesnt mean almost anything is sexual. it means some people are just dirty.

objectively compared to almost any modern media including 99% of OTHER video games. yuna in FFX isnt sexualised at all. shes less sexualised than farris was back in the old 2d sprites days. sure theres a scene where she kisses a guy, but its not erotically charged.

she just isnt sexualised. the sky isnt green. idiots can argue otherwise.... white light being made up on all colors, and light passing through the sky.... but the sky isnt green. go ahed and look for yourself.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#30BissomoneybagsPosted 3/24/2013 6:21:13 PM
You pretty much just validated most of the fans opinions on the game. People didn't like it because of the ruinous plot and characterization, with not so bad gameplay mechanics and decent customization, but I for one love this game, as it's more adventurous and fun, than the serious role of X. I for one, think this game is an okay sequel, although almost everyone will disagree with me.