This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you think will Capcom turn Japanese again?

#11thisranksPosted 3/24/2013 5:58:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the objective of selling video games isn't labelling a company by region ... it's selling video games to the global video community with the understanding that there will be a percentage of those gamers from every region who will either like/dislike my products.

Besides, it would be a fool's errand to label a company for regional purposes. In this case Capcom might as well be saying we only care about Japanese gamers and those wannabes in other countries. Or to put it bluntly ... we don't care about the money in the pockets of everybody else.

Personally i wish one of the development teams/publishers had the balls to stand up to the regionally challenged and set them straight, but once again it's all about the money and the certainly don't want to lose the guaranteed "as long as the game fits the regional profile" crowd.

Capcom is in the same position as every other developer/publisher right now ... caught between a rock and a hard place trying to keep everyone as happy as possible.
---
She blinded me with region .... see quote.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW