This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Assassin's Creed loved?

#1Zora_PrincePosted 3/24/2013 8:48:25 PM
I'm not asking that to be insulting. I'm curious. I'm still stuck on the first game, which everyone says I must beat to get to the good stuff. It's very dull: The world is homogenous and dull, the missions are repetitive, the story is confusing, etc.

I know it gets better, but what does get better? What is the gameplay like?
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#2jubjub360Posted 3/24/2013 8:49:18 PM
Assassin's Creed isn't loved. Assassin's Creed 2 is loved.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:7~ ~ Number of fans:12~
#3PhaseSlaethePosted 3/24/2013 8:49:28 PM
Because screw ninjas and pirates.

Being an assassin is a dream of any wholesome boy.

Too bad the games suck at that. There are better games that do the whole assassin thing much better.
#4RayconPosted 3/24/2013 8:52:28 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Assassin's Creed isn't loved. Assassin's Creed 2 is loved.

What this guy said. Assassin's Creed 1 was dull as hell.

Assassin's Creed 2 just all-around amazing. I love that game.

Sadly, Brotherhood and Revelations kind of fell short of capturing that wonder. Though that might have more to do with the "been there, done that" feeling of the games by that point. Brotherhood was still pretty good. Revelations was... er, okay. >_>
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#5DevilTears604Posted 3/24/2013 8:52:35 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
I'm not asking that to be insulting. I'm curious. I'm still stuck on the first game, which everyone says I must beat to get to the good stuff. It's very dull: The world is homogenous and dull, the missions are repetitive, the story is confusing, etc.

I know it gets better, but what does get better? What is the gameplay like?

There was a huge leap from AC1 to AC2. As far as world structure and storyline goes...the closest I can come to describing it is that it has a more GTA-style feel to it. The storyline is broke up into individual missions like GTA, with quite a few side missions to do too. They did a much better job populating the world in AC2 and making it feel more alive.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#6kaiser ryuPosted 3/24/2013 8:54:00 PM
I had fun playing AC2. I tend to like things I have fun playing.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#7zyrax2301Posted 3/24/2013 8:54:08 PM
I love Assassin's Creed, that game is sweet. Altair is the s*** man
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8DevilTears604Posted 3/24/2013 8:55:17 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
I love Assassin's Creed, that game is sweet. Altair is the s*** man

Go home, zyrax. You're drunk.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#9Dicer7Posted 3/24/2013 8:55:21 PM
The original is generally ranked pretty low among the other games and isn't a very good example imo. ACII improves on nearly everything and imo is the highlight of the series. It introduced an interesting protagonist, updated the game's mechanics and varied the missions.

What people love about this series is usually the time periods they're set in, the parkour elements and just simply being a badass killing machine in a sandbox environment.
#10lordofthenlpplePosted 3/24/2013 8:55:51 PM
Bleh game
---
Waiting to buy a PS4 and a Geforce 670