This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Assassin's Creed loved?

#31art_of_the_killPosted 3/24/2013 11:03:14 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
I love Assassin's Creed, that game is sweet. Altair is the s*** man

As do I. It's one of my favorite games this gen. I love the sequels too, but it's really only AC1 that holds a special place in my heart.

My least favorite game in the series is Revelations by a mile.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#32Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 12:35:10 PM
My memory of Tomb Raider is a bit fuzzy (only played small portions of the various PS1 games), but I very much enjoyed the more deliberate acrobatic commands and leaps the game required of you. I don't see any reason why those couldn't be preserved in new Tomb Raider games, but I haven't played the new one, so I can't comment on that as to why it's not.

What I miss from games that do most of the climbing for you, and what I'm told is absent in the new Tomb Raider, are moments like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kl42KcvdpcY#t=164s

I hate that they don't really require much other than pressing X to jump over something. The animations look better, but the gameplay becomes more shallow.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#33Merc123Posted 3/25/2013 12:50:40 PM
I love the series for its histocial backdrops. I somewhat understand why some people get tired of the series with all its games, but on the other hand i don't because they have a always have a unique historical settings, or beautifully created cities. Thats what i love, the gameplay may not change much but the setting is always changing. I mean we went from The Crusadest, to Renaissance Italy and Rome, to Constantinople, to the American Revolution and now the Golden Age of Piracy. I think thats a pretty diverse set of locations.
#34Bloodlines1191Posted 3/25/2013 1:05:07 PM
Because it's a good series. Fun to play.

Also, if you aren't gonna play AC1 and skip to 2, you'll find it hard to go back to AC1 so I hope you think about that decision.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#35DotsAndLinesPosted 3/25/2013 1:14:14 PM
I love the historical setting. I can only dream of traveling to Italy so at least the game allowed me to do that virtually.