This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Macross 30 is the best 2013 PS3 game I've played so far.

#1PaltheosPosted 3/24/2013 10:40:46 PM
It goes extra far for me since I'm a big fan of the Macross franchise. This game's a blast though. The variety of gorgeous planes (slash giant robots), tons of explosions, a big world to fly around in, Macross songs ;) (Seikan Hikou!), Macross characters, and the game plays fast. The story missions should feel repetitive, but everything else about the game is so much fun they don't.

The only segments I don't enjoy are carrier ship battles, which are either a drain on resources or long and tedious, depending on how I handle them, although even then these aren't terrible since I can do other things while fighting them, and the ravine segments, which are thankfully very few and very far between.

>_> Being import only, it's all in Japanese, but I don't mind keeping my laptop by me as I play. Not sure I can recommend this if you don't like Japanese games (this is fairly high on the "This is Japanese" scale), but if you do, and especially if you like Macross and have a little cash on the side to import it (and if you like transforming planes/giant robots and explosions), I wholly recommend it.
---
"Impossible! Now I have the power to defend all!"
LUE Account - Ragnarok500
#2copycat2008Posted 3/24/2013 10:51:22 PM
big fan of that movie macross plus.
macross 30 for ps3... never heard of it. i check gamestop they dont have it.
#3Paltheos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 11:29:34 PM
"Import only" lol

The game's not in this country, and Harmony Gold's stranglehold on the Macross copyright guarantees it will never land on our shores.
---
#4Paltheos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:10:30 PM
Bump
---