This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What comic book based games do you all love/hate from this gen?

#1darkness1018Posted 3/25/2013 12:53:43 AM
As a comic book fan, im always looking for games based on characters i like (and hoping theyre good...lol). This gen had alot of comic book based games so, which ones do you all love or hate from this gen?

I like these:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1,2
Incredible Hulk
Spider-Man 3, Shattered Dimentions, Edge of Time, Web of Shadows
Iron Man 2 (got it for $10 and had more fun with it then i thought i would...lol)
The Darkness 1,2
Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City
Captain America
Green Lantern
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition

I didnt like these:

Thor
Fantasic Four
X-Men: Destiny
Iron Man

I still have to buy Amazing Spider-Man and see how that one is. For those whove played it, is it about the same or better then Spider-Man 3?
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#2BeknessPosted 3/25/2013 1:31:21 AM
I've never read comic books. =/ Have you tried the U Draw marvel game?
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#3darkness1018(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 1:57:18 AM
Bekness posted...
I've never read comic books. =/ Have you tried the U Draw marvel game?

Thats prob the 1 comic book game that just didnt apeal to me at all...lol. So thats why i havent tried it.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#4Dicer7Posted 3/25/2013 2:29:40 AM
The only ones I can think of are The Walking Dead and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. I did enjoy The Darkness games, too.
#5theshovellerPosted 3/25/2013 5:15:23 AM
I personally liked The Darkness 2 a loooooot more than Darkness 1 in terms of comic-book-ness. The first one was a typical shooter without a whole lot of "the Darkness" stuff in it. The second one tried to bring it closer to the comics, which I really liked. If / when they make a third, I think it'll be awesome because of everything that might be in it - the Angelus, the Witchblade, more Darkness-powered abilities and attacks...

The comic book-style it was rendered in helped, too. And the loading screens where there wasn't a real-looking Jackie talking about the subway being like a plate of spaghetti for the tenth time in a row.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"