This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few questions before i buy a PS3

#1TheOffspringFanPosted 3/25/2013 11:46:21 AM
I was going to go pickup a PS3 tonight to catchup on ps3 games before ps4 comes out, and also because i love my vita and you can get more games on it via transfer from PS3

my questions are:

Im familiar with the original Fat model and the slim model that came out, but ive seen a 3rd design that has a bunch of ridges/lines across it and its even thinner? (I think its technically the "current" model) it looks REALLY ugly though and want to get the original slim model. is it still possible to get those new in stores like walmart or bestbuy?

lastly, is going digital a viable option on PS3? i am mostly digital on my xbox but game downloads are only 3-5 gigs mostly for full retail

can you get most PS3 games digitally? because of blu-ray are the downloads way larger like 10-20 gigs? or do they compress stuff for download? also worried about titles im interested in wont be on PSN store like Demons Souls, MGS4, Persona 4 Arena, Uncharted 1, etc etc

thanks!
---
PSN ID: Valkyr83
Currently Playing: Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, Uncharted
#2Still__RippinPosted 3/25/2013 12:11:35 PM
The regular slim models are still widely available. If you want to go digital though you might be better off getting the 500 GB super slim. But, you can still get 320 gb regular slim. Demons souls and the uncharted games are up on the PSN Store for download. But, games are huge so if you have slow net you may want to opt for the physical copies. Games on PSN go up to 35GB.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#3TheOffspringFan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 1:07:45 PM
wow thanks for the info!

ya id prefer original slim so maybe physical for retail releases and just download PSN only games like Journey

35 gigs? holy cow thats huge! also i noticed heavy rain isnt available to download

just too bad, i like the idea of convenience
---
PSN ID: Valkyr83
Currently Playing: Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, Uncharted