This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider is $41.99 new on Amazon - Deal of the Day!

#11crazyman32Posted 3/26/2013 4:33:04 AM
glyde69 posted...
I'm fairly deep into it(I think). Pretty awesome so far and the best game I've played in awhile. The main mission is interesting and at any time you can go back and hunt for "collectibles" with a map style that kind of reminds me of the Batman games.

I love the new Tomb Raider game so,it was well worth $60 too me.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#12muggyPosted 3/26/2013 5:22:59 AM
About a half hour left before it expires.
#13AnonUnknownPosted 3/26/2013 5:28:43 AM
Dunno why but i actually read "is $14.99 new on Amazon"
#14SpideyknightPosted 3/26/2013 6:06:05 AM
The_Akxsion posted...
The new Tomb Raider is not Tomb Raider, so I will never buy it.

Not a fan of the new Tomboy Raider. Once Tomb Raider goes back to being Tomb Raider then you can color me interested. Not a fan of game series that lose their identity.

Absurd. I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. It is just nonsensical rubbish.

To the tC, the new Tomb Raider is hands down the best March release so far. Bioshock Infinite releases today and that will likely beat it, but the new Tomb Raider is a fantastic game that should be played by everyone. It's a reboot, has a strong female lead, has a female proudly displayed on the cover, great gameplay, concise writing, excellent pacing, and a fitting ending, in short, it is everything that is currently being discussed on the blogosphere done right. Bioshock infinite couldn't put Liz on the cover? Lulz, Lara owns her cover. Publisher's told Remember Me devs that there were no strong female leads and games that have a female protaganist don't sell? Lara is a hero in her game and fights nothing but psychotic males, it also sold over a million in 48 hours. Endings suck? Tomb Raider shows you how to do it right, and setup sequels without bludgeoning you over the head, insulting you with high fluting ambiguity, or leaving you with another incredibly trite and cliche cliffhanger.

It isn't perfection, but it's certainly a step in the right direction. This is one game, and likely the only game where I felt that an 8 was not good enough. It should've scored much higher, than all the recycled male power fantasy crap that got released alongside of it. That's just a travesty. Tomb Raider is worth every penny of the 100 dollars I spent on it. 41.99 is a steal. Get it.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#15PabloDuganheimPosted 3/26/2013 6:14:08 AM
I went for this deal a couple of hours ago myself. I like waiting a short bit for hot games to get price drops like these and it never seems to take too long.
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)
#16NovaKaneXPosted 3/26/2013 6:22:59 AM
Damn that was quick. I'm gonna hold a lot little longer though. Hopin' to get it at $30 or under.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
#17RollingCradlePosted 3/26/2013 6:40:37 AM
Got the PC version offa steam for $33, game is freaking incredible and completely blows away the whole uncharted series.
#18LunarRoarPosted 3/26/2013 6:41:41 AM
Eh, I can wait. Bioshock Infinite's coming in today.
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#19kloud 11Posted 3/26/2013 6:49:59 AM
Still too much, game isn't worth more than $20
#20theshovellerPosted 3/26/2013 7:30:28 AM
Spideyknight posted...
The_Akxsion posted...
The new Tomb Raider is not Tomb Raider, so I will never buy it.

Not a fan of the new Tomboy Raider. Once Tomb Raider goes back to being Tomb Raider then you can color me interested. Not a fan of game series that lose their identity.

Absurd. I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. It is just nonsensical rubbish.

It's Greer. 99.99999999999999999999999% of what he says is nonsensical rubbish that nobody should dignify with a response.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"