This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows Demon Souls compared to Dark Souls?

#1RubMyDuckyPosted 3/26/2013 5:15:55 AM
Currently playing through Dark Souls and I'm really enjoying it and was curious to know how the first game is? Also, does it have all that weapon, armor upgrading systems and nice vistas like Dark Souls has?
---
To stay on top, you have to think and act like you're still at the bottom.
#2The_DjokerPosted 3/26/2013 5:17:49 AM
I don't like the level structure of Demons. Dark souls is the better game, Demons is probably the harder game. They are pretty much identicle games gameplay wise.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#3Pharsti01Posted 3/26/2013 5:25:37 AM
Personally, i thought Demons was the better game, by a large margin.

The level and enemies design is far superior, the combat flows so much better, well, i just thought it was the better game overall....

Then again, i felt Dark Souls was one of the most disappointing games last year, since after loving Demons i couldnt even bring myself to finish its sequel, so.... meh.
#4656stoogePosted 3/26/2013 5:29:09 AM
It's one of those series (yes they're a series damn it) where both entries are similar yet different enough that you can play either one first and still enjoy the other one for it's unique aspects.

If you like Dark Souls you're almost guaranteed to like Demon's Souls. Maybe not as much, maybe more, but you should enjoy it.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#5ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/26/2013 5:37:35 AM
Demon's Souls is better. Combat is more fluid and the overall atmosphere is a lot better.
#6lambchipsPosted 3/26/2013 5:37:43 AM
demons souls is better
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#7Caer_DeathPosted 3/26/2013 5:58:55 AM
Demon's Souls lacks armor upgrading. The weapon upgrading is somewhat similar, though there are a few more restrictions. The message system was much more commonly used in Demon's, with one of the common messages telling you to check out the gorgeous view. There were also a LOT more ghostly apparitions of other players, not limited largely to by bonfires as in Dark Souls. Overall, the multiplayer features were implemented a bit better in Demon's Souls.

Some upsides, some downsides, but if you liked Dark Souls for the combat and exploring the locales, definitely pick up Demon's Souls.
---
The circle of life was founded by the god of America. Love it or leave it!
#8LunarRoarPosted 3/26/2013 6:49:13 AM
Demon's was way better for getting around. It had big wide-open areas, but it also had checkpoint systems that allowed you to drop into key locations of each place. Dark Souls feels like more walking because the hub level doesn't automatically land you in other maps the same way.
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#9kloud 11Posted 3/26/2013 6:57:34 AM(edited)
Pros
Better combat
Better online
Better Story
best levels are better than the best in dark
better looking armor/ character creator
better boss fights

Cons
a lot less content: weapons, armor, enemies, bosses
Hub world design not as good as Dark Souls seamless world
white/ dark mechanic can be annoying
no covenants
not as repayable as dark Souls IMO
weapon upgrading far more annoying
#10enigma2274Posted 3/26/2013 6:59:46 AM
I had more fun with Dark Souls because I beat it. Demon's Souls was too hard.
---
PS3: Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 6
Vita: Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4, MGS