This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was there ever a game that destroyed the story of the entire series?

#1dantejun506Posted 3/26/2013 9:44:25 AM
Other than...

Metriod other M
#2nihilist212Posted 3/26/2013 9:45:17 AM
Highlander 2: The Quickening.

Not a game, but it was so horrendous it needs mentioning.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#3howdyneighbor25Posted 3/26/2013 9:45:30 AM
Bioshock 1 and assassin creed 1. Both meh games that are over hyped and dont deserve sequels
---
A new man
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#4Seri-_-ouslyPosted 3/26/2013 9:46:00 AM
Resistance 2's ending, and the entirety of Resistance 3.

Absolute trash. Ruined. Insomniac even confirmed that Resistance is DONE.
---
PSN / XBL: Tenkaichi06
#5theshovellerPosted 3/26/2013 9:46:41 AM
Some people would argue the end of ME3 did that. Not me - I kinda liked it post-EC.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#6Seri-_-ouslyPosted 3/26/2013 9:47:31 AM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Bioshock 1 and assassin creed 1. Both meh games that are over hyped and dont deserve sequels

BioShock 1, eh? One of the best selling FPS's and highest rated of all time, right? And you're so qualified to make that statement because....? You aren't. That's your opinion, just like I stated mine, however I have evidence to back up what I said. Your statement is baseless and trivial. A series can only get better. The first game can never ruin a series.
---
PSN / XBL: Tenkaichi06
#7SigmaHacielPosted 3/26/2013 9:48:22 AM
Seri-_-ously posted...

BioShock 1, eh? One of the best selling FPS's and highest rated of all time, right? And you're so qualified to make that statement because....? You aren't. That's your opinion, just like I stated mine, however I have evidence to back up what I said. Your statement is baseless and trivial. A series can only get better. The first game can never ruin a series.

A series can only get better?

-looks over at Assassin's Creed-

Yeah.....I'll get back to you on that.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#8ATTACK__CATPosted 3/26/2013 9:49:39 AM
resistance 2s ending was good.

its how 3 followed on from it... or didnt... thats the problem.

3 was terrible. Yahtzee might like it, but hed be the first to remind us he doesnt exactly have normal tastes.

1 to 2 built it up to be epic... 3 just ignored all that and made up its own practically unrelated plot with a stupid ending that didnt make sense.

so many unanswered questions.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#9nihilist212Posted 3/26/2013 9:49:44 AM
SigmaHaciel posted...
Seri-_-ously posted...

A series can only get better?

-looks over at Assassin's Creed-

Yeah.....I'll get back to you on that.

To be fair, AC 2 was a HUGE improvement in every way over 1. After that, the series got worse with every entry.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#10flame030191Posted 3/26/2013 9:49:44 AM
I felt Bad Co 2's story was terrible compared to Battlefield Bad Co's. the original had a lot of funny one-liners and moments, where Bad Co 2 seemed to have 95% of its comedy geared towards making fun of Call of Duty.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.