This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was there ever a game that destroyed the story of the entire series?

#41theshovellerPosted 3/26/2013 12:47:49 PM
SolidKnight posted...
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword marred some parts of the Zelda timeline (Ganon, Master Sword, the entire purpose of The Minish Cap game).

The Phantom Menace ruined the fantasy element of Star Wars.

I actually got my brother's fiancee that hardback Zelda book as a belated birthday present, and checked out the timeline in it. Apparently, it splits off after Ocarina of Time three ways - one path is assuming Ganon beats Link, and I think that might be the path that has Link to the Past in it. The "Link beats Ganon" path splits into two or something, where Link goes back to being a kid and that is covered by Majora's Mask and... Twilight Princess? I forget. The other path is Link "disappearing" after Ocarina of Time, and I think that has Wind Waker and stuff in it.

I think Miyamoto just threw darts and placed them however he wanted.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#42SolidKnightPosted 3/26/2013 12:52:34 PM
theshoveller posted...
I actually got my brother's fiancee that hardback Zelda book as a belated birthday present, and checked out the timeline in it. Apparently, it splits off after Ocarina of Time three ways - one path is assuming Ganon beats Link, and I think that might be the path that has Link to the Past in it. The "Link beats Ganon" path splits into two or something, where Link goes back to being a kid and that is covered by Majora's Mask and... Twilight Princess? I forget. The other path is Link "disappearing" after Ocarina of Time, and I think that has Wind Waker and stuff in it.

I think Miyamoto just threw darts and placed them however he wanted.

They make it all up as they go along and they don't care too much about consistency either. Anyway the three forks are (all splitting off Ocarina of Time): adult timeline, child timeline, and Link fails timeline.
#43arczero_xPosted 3/26/2013 12:53:46 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#44BJ_KillPosted 3/26/2013 12:56:38 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4 certainly springs to mind
---
PSN = Quiet024