This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs failed to reach sales targets.

#81ZarethPosted 3/26/2013 3:34:34 PM
Apparently, any game that doesn't sell as well as CoD to SE is a failure.
---
It's okay, I have no idea who I am either.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/sage_assassin20/13295475117601.gif http://i.imgur.com/WOo6wcq.png
#82caffiend7Posted 3/26/2013 4:00:20 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Tomb Raider sold 3.5 million copies in 2 weeks and they consider that underperforming??

The game industry needs to get a clue.

These asses want crazy numbers. They want Call of Duty numbers...Which is freakin' insane. Look at the jag offs over there at Capcom, Thinking DmC was going to sell five million copies...

The year is far from over, Tomb Raider will sell another two by years end if not more...But they want more still.

Everyone wants 10 mil sold in the first 24 hours like CoD but that isn't going to happen with most games and they don't think of lifetime sales. Wanting numbers like these is one of the causes to the crash returning
#83SigmaHacielPosted 3/26/2013 4:03:14 PM
Zareth posted...
Apparently, any game that doesn't sell as well as CoD to ANYONE is a failure.

This is the biggest problem with our industry right now.

Every fat ass douche who runs the publishing companies sees how CoD brings in a golden version of the girl who raises the golden geese every 6 months, and they all want a piece.

And yet they CAN'T get a piece. As much as I hate to say it, CoD was brilliantly modeled to grabbing every casual dudebro around the world. It is basically the epitome and ONLY truly successful attempt at widening the audience.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#84GabrielCupimPosted 3/26/2013 4:22:57 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Tomb Raider sold 3.5 million copies in 2 weeks and they consider that underperforming??

Totally THIS
---
Ahhh... Anime, RPG and my girlfriend.
I just love them all.
#85vind3dPosted 3/26/2013 4:59:58 PM
Just got the new TR. I am having a blast actually. Haven't played a TR game since my Dreamcast days. o.O
---
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.
#86ShineboxerPosted 3/26/2013 5:09:23 PM
lol any SE failure is GREAT news.

I wish they could sink even faster. Hell, let me fire a couple of shots at the hull myself.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#87Manimal_F0r3v3rPosted 3/26/2013 5:18:18 PM
Sucks, those 3 games were rated 'good'. But of course... 'no FPS, no buy!'... -_-
---
XBL: ManimalForever PSN: Manimal_Forever
|\/|/\|\|||\/|/\|_ [s.W.o] They see me trollin', they hatin'
#88Miz_iZ_AwSOme_XPosted 3/26/2013 6:41:03 PM
And uncharted is a clone of the indiana jones series.
---
Psn: RiikanAssasiin. "No sympathy for the weak"
#89KabtheMentatPosted 3/26/2013 6:46:39 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
Agreed but they should stop catering to the west, make tomb raider like in the past versions no one complained about the older ones why change it.

Make games they way there were designed to be made its not really that hard to do.

Tomb Raider is a Western series, though - it's like saying Resident Evil games should stop catering to the Japanese, or something.

Uh...RE was made to cater to the West.

Really? Even the original ones? I honestly did not know that.

Ok, lemme switch then - "Hyperdimension Neptunia should stop catering to the Japanese!" Better example?

Yep, even the first one on the PSX. The goal of the developers was to mimic a Hollywood B horror movie. The original games when they were released in Japan had English voice overs, everything was subbed in Japanese. I believe that's still how the series works to this day.

This is where Silent Hill comes in differently. It does the same thing, but puts a Japanese horror movie spin on it instead of a Hollywood B horror movie...aimed at Westerners.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#90SophisticationPosted 3/26/2013 7:28:59 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

No, it hasn't sold 3.5 million remember...? It's shipped 3.5 million -- Only 1.34 million have actually sold across Ps3 and xbox 360. Ps3 leading by maybe 60,000 units. Big, big difference when you take off your rose colored, every corporation is evil glasses.

They wanted TR to hit 5 million life time... With these numbers that won't happen for a very long, long time. it will take until August to even burn through the 3.5 million they shipped. That is what they're talking about when they say "not meeting projections". Wake up... The industry isn't as strong as you'd like to think.

GOW:A sold 700,000 its 1st week -- Still a huge drop off from GOW 3, yet still managed to outsell TR on Ps3 by 35,000 units for its 2 weeks on the market. The industry is in a hurt lock. Deal with it.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat