This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much would it bother you if next generation kept HD mastering games?

#1NashtheLionPosted 3/26/2013 6:36:01 PM
Or at the very least, tweaked old favorites?

Just like the last couple of years with Sony. HD bundles, remastered titles, Ported games, etc.

Lack of original content, with an increase of cost for development combined with Indie developers getting their games kickstarted; how would your view on gaming change?
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks
#2NashtheLion(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 6:36:53 PM
Edit post:

Words.
:/
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks
#3BeknessPosted 3/26/2013 6:38:18 PM
I hate it already. I want it to stop, I like the NEW games this gen, just not the practices
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#4RufioMustDiePosted 3/26/2013 7:44:12 PM
Lets get one thing straight here. These companies aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts for their loyal fanbase to indulge in their reverie of joyous halcyon gaming days in 1080p HD.

I've been screaming at SEGA's deaf ears for Shenmue 3 for years now. What do I get? A Jet Set Radio rehash that was clunky as hell and downright lazy/insulting. I also hear a Shenmue 1 remaster is in the works. MUTHA!!! Who wants 1?!? We all want 3!

Its all for a quick buck in the ever dog eat dog world of the billion $$$ gaming industry. Reusing old IP assests and giving it a quick lick of paint and then tagging a pricy RRP does wonders for their books.

It's parasitic and to be frank, hurts the gaming industry by keeping creativity down and stagnant whilst diminishing the oppurtunities for new IP's to flourish.

New consoles should equate to new IP's to experience. Not rehashing same old stuff I played last gen but with a newer pricetag.

So yeah...It bothers me a Hell Damn Lot!!!
---
"Rufio will die by my own hand!"